Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get flamed, I know nothing of electronics and the only thing I know how to do is change the headunit with instructions.

For my Lexus ls400.
My headunit and 10 disc CD changer works when I turn it on to show the display, but there is no sound at all. I do not know if the speakers are blown, but highly doubt it. In the back of the trunk the wires are cut and the plug is disconnected. Obviously there used to be a amp or a subwoofer or some type of aftermarket unit connecting to the wires in the back of the trunk. I took the dash apart to see if the stock radio headunit wires were disconnected or attached, all the wires were connected and attached. Here's a pics of my trunk:

The ones I circled are the wires that are cut and was attached to something. Basically if there is anyone local in the NYC area that can help me rewire or reattach those wires where it belong so I can have stock sound let me know or PM me.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
hmm...need more info. Factory hedunit and changer? what was the factor that made the stereo not work? change HU, AMP? New car?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
minguezCD said:
hmm...need more info. Factory hedunit and changer? what was the factor that made the stereo not work? change HU, AMP? New car?
90 lexus ls 400

Factory headunit is Pioneer and the changer is located in the trunk which is Sony. I have the controller that controls the changer located at the front w/ the factory radio. Both of these work properly. The display turns on and all function works, but there is no sound. The pics that I took above are located in the trunk where you can see the wires are cut and was attached to maybe a amp, or something else, I don't know. Those wires are the only ones not attached to anything right now. Is there a way to maybe reattach those wires back to the factory speaker? Basically is there a way to get back that factory sound?

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
I cant troubleshoot the problem without seeing the vehicle...i would suggest brining it to a local shop. sorry man

·
Registered
393 Posts
look for the factory amplifier i believe is located by the glove box right side it is off or unplug
or wire the speaker wires from the head unit to the speakers

·
Professional Slacker
270 Posts
does the radio itself work without trying to use the changer at all? also, and correct me if i am wrong, but it looks like the rear speakers are not hooked to anything at all right? if they aren't you def. need to find the factory amp. make sure it's powering on with the radio. other than that it's pretty hard to judge without seeing the car.

Dave O-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts