Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i tightend my greddy type S bov all the way, i start to hear fluttering sounds when i blow off, is this bad? or is it normal.

T

·
0 Posts
suprasucka said:
when i tightend my greddy type S bov all the way, i start to hear fluttering sounds when i blow off, is this bad? or is it normal.
bad...

back it out until it sounds normal.... should make a PSSSSSH, followed my a SSSSSSSSS, followed by some ssssssssseeeeererereerer hoot

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Re: Re: hearing fluttering sounds when greddy bov is tightened

TRD91whtMK3 ver.2 said:
bad...

back it out until it sounds normal.... should make a PSSSSSH, followed my a SSSSSSSSS, followed by some ssssssssseeeeererereerer hoot
not necessarily...why does everyone always think that a flutter is bad? yes its compressor surge blah blah blah...

fact of the matter is if its doing it at low boost no problem....some BOVs are made for it to do that ....if its doing that on high boost however...then THATS BAD......

do some searching for fluttering bov im sure youll come up with a lot of arguing and maybe you can sort out your own answers on that lol....

L

·
0 Posts
The HKS has a duel valve, would fluttering be ok. Low boost of cores.
Allan

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
Lycanthrope said:
The HKS has a duel valve, would fluttering be ok. Low boost of cores.
Allan
ANY fluttering on low boost.....as long as its like woooosh flutter flutter flutter....like its only at the end of the blow uot......is fine for low boost...like low boost im talking like less then 7psi.......

anything higher in psi then that and it should be clean......the low boost fluttering is normal for most bovs..hell its normal on the stocker....... its compressor wheel stalling and on high boost it will harm the turbo and rather quickly...but on low boost it wont affect it much at all.....IF at all.......

·
Registered
948 Posts
its just like detonation... yeah low detonation is no big problem most of us see it every day and dont notice it, but bad detonation is a big deal. well that little detonation does some harm as does the compresser surge.

the ssqv is designed with a smaller and larger valve, its suposed to be setup where its good for low or high boost. anyway loosen your BOV

·
1jz killer
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats weird because i hear the flutterin noise from the filter, but i also felt the air commin out of my bov.

T

·
0 Posts
guys, you forget, the hoot is key... you must hear the hoot at the end, or it is not quite perfect...

try going under a tunnel, you'll hear it, if your'e good enough you might be able to do a little bit of marry had a little lamb.

i'm not quite that good yet, but i assure you i get some funny looks from people

·
Registered
948 Posts
lmao now that would be trick, stock exhaust so its quiet and marry had a little lamb on the BOV

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
You too can mimic the sequential bov setup. Use the GReddy Type S and the stock BOV and you have one for low boost and one for high boost. I don't think the stock BOV can handle high boost well (FCD+ psi). If you are fluttering and running 12 psi or so, you have the spring set too hard. Back off. There is no reason for this, other than you think it sounds cool. Is it worth a turbo? Repeated compressor surge will eventually cause something to fail.

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
I hear whistles all the time at low boost. Is that what you're talking about when you say, "flutter"?

T

·
0 Posts
CSR Ma71 said:
I hear whistles all the time at low boost. Is that what you're talking about when you say, "flutter"?
no those "whistles" are fine (they are called hoots, dammit!! :p )

fluttering is more like the BOV blowing off, stopping, blowing off again, stopping, etc..

kinda like PSSHH FPFPFPFPFPFPFPF

1 - 14 of 14 Posts