Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any insight/tips on installing the heater hose on the back drivers side of the engine, to the heater core. It is bloody impossible to get on there, and then I dont know how I'm going to clamp it. Same goes for IC hose on the bottom of the turbo. How the hell are you supposed to clamp that on?!?!

·
Destroyer of Turbos
4,461 Posts
the lower IC hose i did by laying under the car to slide the pipe on and then reached down, grabbed the rachet and went at it until it was snug then came back up to the top and finished it.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,086 Posts
Wow... the IC pipe is the easiest.

The heater hose on the back of the head is easier to get to and on once all clamps are off.

Use (Ideal) screwdriver tightened clamps.... put them on first then use a penitrating oil on the hose and slide it on.

Then use the clamps.

(Easy as cake)

·
Registered
789 Posts
I gotta agree with everyone on this. Just make sure you don't re-use the stock clamps, I had to replace my heater hoses and the stock clamps, if overtightened destroy the hose over time. your better off going with the worm gear clamps. And try not to get to pissed off. You'll be lucky if your arm gets past the intake mainfold without too much trouble. I actually disconnected my throttle linkage to get enough clearance for my arm to position the clamp and tighten it with a screw driver. good luck.

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ugh. Yeah my arm hardly fits, much less do I have room to maneuver anything. Thanks for the help. :)

·
Your ignorance...
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, dont ask about the acordion. Mine is tutally fucked. I put it on before I put the engine in, it would be pretty much impossible to re-install. Unless someone has a good one they want to sell me... for cheap...

·
Registered
5,728 Posts
87Turbo said:
I gotta agree with everyone on this. Just make sure you don't re-use the stock clamps, I had to replace my heater hoses and the stock clamps, if overtightened destroy the hose over time.
um, what?
factory stock clamps are the best for the heater and coolant hoses. worm drive clamps will not apply constant pressure to everywhere and chew up the hose, and are only a good option on non-OEM hose and hoses that probably need replacement by now anyway

1 - 11 of 11 Posts