Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recent Lurker to the forums here; Recently bought a moderately clapped out 1988 Mk3 supra that im going through the process of fixing up to the point i can daily it on the weekends. After some new brakes, aftermarket seats, some fluids and TLC, Ive been driving it for the past few days to work which have been a blast and yet a challenge. The biggest one im currently facing, and hoping someone here in the forums may assist with, is.. No heat.

The man i bought it from, who had bought it from a friend, had planned to make this supra into a drift car. Doing so, there were some changes im working on reversing. Because of this, the Heater core piping, is nonexistent. Both the Inlet and Outlet terminals are still in the Firewall, and im hoping the actual heater core itself is still intact, though for the life of me, i cant figure out where these 2 hoses are supposed to go. Ive come across some diagrams while searching the forums and other places, but i just cant understand them as well as a hand drawing or a good old picture. I can assume the connectors im in search of are either plugged up, or rerouted to avoid coolant just, pouring into the engine bay at some inconvenient place, as if that wasn't enough to deal with.
TL:DR
Anyone have a good diagram or pictures that could help describe where the Heater Core piping goes to? Georgia
seems to be getting colder by the day, making it harder to have a project car without heat 馃馃

Registered
Heres a picture that may help.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

The firewall hose in front of driver is carrying coolant FROM the heater back into the block. It has a small piece of yellow tape on it to remind me to connect the lower end low on the block rear later. The long hose with the corrugated chafe protection is bringing coolant TO the heater but connects up high to the top center rear of the engine, and to the heater valve first. Then a short hose from the other side of the heater valve goes on to the firewall fitting bringing coolant through the firewall to the heater. You can see the latter hose just below the long hose and both connect to the heater valve just out of view to the left.

Registered
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so i right but also wrong. What i had thought were the Heater Core lines are instead something else (not sure what yet), but after your guys help, i did identify the correct lines, and they are indeed missing as i had originally thought. I assume its as simple as buying some new lines, hooking them up, cleaning up all the spilled coolant and filling her up. Now, what would those two lines i had misidentified be? i color coded them so its easier to see.
Green: Missing lines to what?
Blue: Connectors for the Heater Core :)
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Car Vehicle

1 - 7 of 7 Posts