Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a chronic coolant leak where the 2 heater hoses connect above cylinder #6. I have tried replacing the connector tube...still leaked. Tried new clamps....still leaked. Replaced the heater hose that comes with the connecter...STILL LEAKS! Does anyone have any suggestions or tricks I could try to remedy this problem?

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Yes it is. So far, it hasn't leaked. I've had it on there for about 7 months/10k miles.

Jim

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
sorry it might be a dumb ? but can you explain what you did. i know there are 2 hoses, how did you end up with one?
thanks.
jl001300: never thought about it but ya you might have a small hole in your hose. the easiest way to find out would be to put a pressure tester on the cooling system but i'm guessing you don't have one.

J

·
0 Posts
No, it's just a bad picture. ;) Note this is on a single turbo car--you might have to experiment a little if you still have stock twins.

I took the hose that DIDN'T have the connector thingie in it, and ran it down to the hard line under the turbos. I bought a couple of hoses from NAPA that looked about right, and trimmed them down until they fit with the Prestone fitting. One was 'L' shaped, the other 'Z' shaped with a 90 degree bend in the middle. Basically, it comes out of the firewall, turns 90 degrees up, then 90 degrees to the right. NAPA part numbers are 9807 and 10801.

As you can see, I should have trimmed the 'L' a little more for cosmetic purposes, but I was just happy to have that sucker on there...

Jim

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had a coolant leak once which I initially thought was due to the connector or poorly tightened clamps, that turned out to be coming from the hose that connects to the connector and to the back of the engine block. Might want to check that out.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eugene said:
I had a coolant leak once which I initially thought was due to the connector or poorly tightened clamps, that turned out to be coming from the hose that connects to the connector and to the back of the engine block. Might want to check that out.
Yeah I replaced that hose along with the connector already. The other hose that goes towards the passenger side is too hard to change out. Maybe I'll try to use one of those Prestone flush systems as a connector.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah I replaced that hose along with the connector already. The other hose that goes towards the passenger side is too hard to change out. Maybe I'll try to use one of those Prestone flush systems as a connector.
While you had the leak did you experience bubbling in the overflow tank after moderate throttle driving?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts