Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It gets the hoses out of the way. Yes, it does clean up the engine bay, but it make its easer to remove the engine cover, change the spark plugs, and remove the Valve covers. If you work on your own engine its worth it. Its really not bad.

paul_c said:
Matt, it seems like a lot of work just for looks (correct me if I'm wrong)

·
Registered
163 Posts
I did the same thing to mine, except with all braided lines. To anyone that does all their own work, it's a pretty minor thing that really doesnt take much effort.

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
hey matt,

I am not sure u would want that large hose so close to the dp. Coolant has a high flashpoint but wants she ignites it would be almost impossible to stop considering the amount of coolant that is pumped out by the water pump. I have that little hose wrapped in heat exhaust wrap that is very highly rated. the small hose is awfully close enough.

good luck,
Sid

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
sidwin said:
hey matt,

I am not sure u would want that large hose so close to the dp. Coolant has a high flashpoint but wants she ignites it would be almost impossible to stop considering the amount of coolant that is pumped out by the water pump. I have that little hose wrapped in heat exhaust wrap that is very highly rated. the small hose is awfully close enough.

good luck,
Sid
i noticed that as well but im going to utilize the pipe as well on mine.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I didn’t have a problem with the stock configuration. And the rubber elbow at the base is the part that comes closest to my down pipe. You can use the metal pipe if you want. Other people have been running this way with no problems. But I will add a note that you should wrap the pipe with heat resistant material.

Matthew

sidwin said:
hey matt,

good luck,
Sid

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
blackbird said:
I didn’t have a problem with the stock configuration. And the rubber elbow at the base is the part that comes closest to my down pipe. You can use the metal pipe if you want. Other people have been running this way with no problems. But I will add a note that you should wrap the pipe with heat resistant material.

Matthew
:agreed: :beerchug:

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
yeah even lar suggested to remove the rubber little boot and get the metal pipe welded together. that would probably be the best of both world but rather difficult to do with the motor in. here is a decent pic...

·
MKIV intervention needed
3,021 Posts
i did mine just like that. great minds think alike lol. seriously it was a snap in compairison to removing the stock twin setup. nice big pictures also. g

·
The new #1 Hardtopper
1,572 Posts
Funny,did you see this on my car at Vegas?
It was the one with the aluminum heat shield protecting those lines from the heat of the DP.
I think going with the braided lines is a great idea too.Maybe this winter.

Brian

·
Registered
849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No sorry, I didnt notice your heat shield in vegas. But i did notice your nice roll cage.

brian94ht said:
Funny,did you see this on my car at Vegas?
It was the one with the aluminum heat shield protecting those lines from the heat of the DP.
I think going with the braided lines is a great idea too.Maybe this winter.

Brian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts