Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how the hell do i replace the hose that goes from the back of the engine to the heater core. I want to see where it is connected but the stupid EGR gets in the way.i couldnt even find a schematic anywhere.

·
Banned
2,386 Posts
call up a toyota dealer let them fax you over a diagram

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
No, it can be done with the head on.

It's really not that tough... you'll need to pull some IC piping, some heat shield(s?), the vertical coolant hose off the top / back of the block, and then use a BIG socket to pull the fitting off. A long set of needlenose pliers works wonders on the other end of the hose.

After you get it off, replace with virtually any molded elbow with the same size inner diameter, and cut it to match in length.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i should have been more specific.I just removed my heater core and i need to join the two coolant outlet inlet points. Which side ic piping/heat shield are you refering to.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
My mistake, I thought you were talking about the 90 degree bend around the back of the block on the exhaust side.

Sounds like you are asking how to replace two hoses:
1. The hose that runs from the heater to the engine.
2. The hose that runs from the engine to the heater. (This one is easy.)

Am I finally on track?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i need to replace two hoses with one hose in a sense.I have to loop the coolant outlet and inlet points since i dont have the core any more.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts