Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in my sc300 with 1j swap there are 2 heater hose that comes from the wirewall. one of them is hooked up to the heater core but i dont know what the other one goes to. can anyone tell me where do i connect the other hose to?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the hose circled in red is what im referring to. don't know where it's suppose to go.
by the way car is not mine. just a pic i borrowed from the internet.

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
I think thats the return hose from your heater core. There should be a connection for it on the back of your head on the driver side.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i checked the back of the head on the driver side and its plugged off. should i unplug it and plug the heater hose in?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so does that hose connects to this...

and the other hose i left it the way it was as in picture 1 where the hose is already connected to the heater valve and heater valve connects to the turbos. is that correct?

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
Yes that is where it connects to and the other one connects to the pipe by the turbos.

so does that hose connects to this...

and the other hose i left it the way it was as in picture 1 where the hose is already connected to the heater valve and heater valve connects to the turbos. is that correct?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks zoonwen.

what about the vacuum line? does that go to the charcoal canister or does the charcoal canister line goes to the manifold?

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
Im not really sure where that vacuum line goes but your guess to the charcoal canister may be right.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
as of right now i have one heater hose connected to the heater valve and the other one is going to the nipple off the side of the head on the intake side. but according to the jdm clip pics i have its vise versa. does it matter if the hoses are connected the opposite way from the jdm clip? does the heater valve only work one way?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
so its ok to run from the heater valve to the rear turbo. cuz on the jdm motors the heater valve goes to the head. so pretty much it doesn't where the inlet/outlet hose plugs to? reason im asking this is b/c on s14 the heater valve only goes one way and you can't switch the inlet/outlet pipes.

·
MK3 Owner For Life
1,822 Posts
On the 1j it goes from the pipe by the rear turbo into the valve and from the heater core to the head.

so its ok to run from the heater valve to the rear turbo. cuz on the jdm motors the heater valve goes to the head. so pretty much it doesn't where the inlet/outlet hose plugs to? reason im asking this is b/c on s14 the heater valve only goes one way and you can't switch the inlet/outlet pipes.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
oh ok thanks. was doubting myself cuz on the jdm motors its vise versa where as the valve goes to the head

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
can anyone tell me what's the size of the heater hose? need to go buy a hose but don't know what size and since i'm at work i can't check it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts