Supra Forums banner

heater hose?

19K views 25 replies 5 participants last post by  blaznsc4 
#1 ·
in my sc300 with 1j swap there are 2 heater hose that comes from the wirewall. one of them is hooked up to the heater core but i dont know what the other one goes to. can anyone tell me where do i connect the other hose to?

#11 ·
as of right now i have one heater hose connected to the heater valve and the other one is going to the nipple off the side of the head on the intake side. but according to the jdm clip pics i have its vise versa. does it matter if the hoses are connected the opposite way from the jdm clip? does the heater valve only work one way?

#13 ·
so its ok to run from the heater valve to the rear turbo. cuz on the jdm motors the heater valve goes to the head. so pretty much it doesn't where the inlet/outlet hose plugs to? reason im asking this is b/c on s14 the heater valve only goes one way and you can't switch the inlet/outlet pipes.

#21 ·
i picked up some 3/4 inch tubing and it held up fine. started the car up for the 1st time yesterday. idled fine with the open dp (damn it sounds mean) but when i clock the steering all the way to one side the car would want to die. does anyone know what would cause this? don't feel like making another thread on this so i thought i would ask it in my original post.

#23 ·
in the picture the top nipple of 17630 i plugged the line straight to the nipple on the tb. would that work? since on the picture the line from the nipple 17630 goes somewhere and comes back to the tb. so i just put a line straight from nipple 17630 to tb nipple. also i think i might got the line hooked up to the wrong places. could that also be an issue?

#25 ·
It goes to an L- bent tube on the left side of the intake manifold (when facing the front of the engine) this tube is in front of the throttle plate. The part 17630 is mounted on the power steering pump and when the pump places a load on the engine the valve opens and allows air to bypass the throttle plate via the tube and raise the rpm, or keep the rpm the same with the added load of the wheels being turned. So if you don't have it hooked up properly this is why your engine bogs when you turn the steering. If you bypass the valve and just connect the 2 nipples on the manifold via a tube you effectively raise the rpm continously. I am sure the IACV does it's best to take care of this system being set up incorrectly.

#26 ·
finally got the car running today with no issues. only thing wrong is that the motor oil is still a little milky from the first blown head gasket. hopefully the milky oil will go away after a couple oil changes. also does anyone know if the check engine light works on the 1jsc300?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.