Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the synus page of heater diagram so I can get my heater to work. It only blows air, not hot air and not cold, just air. Also I pulled number 1 spark plug to see how carbon buildup was on it and they will be recieving a replacement soon. I noticed quite a bit oil in the valley, I am going to change my screws? When the spark plug came out oil around it went down onto the cylinder so apparantly there was quite a bit there...

Thanks,
Julian

·
i <3 fitness chicks
1,585 Posts
Yeah you might want to get new valve cover gaskets while you are at it. For your heat problem, check the heater control valve. It's located on the passenger side of the firewall. One night i went out and boosted pretty hard and next thing i knew, i didnt have heat. What happened was my exhaust manifold burnt a hole in the vacuum line.

- John

·
Dr Wheelspin Rh.D.
4,393 Posts
Look near the heater VSV on the firewall, underneath you can see an arm that comes down and attaches to a valve. With the car running and fully warmed up, pull that arm up and see if your heat comes back. If it does then your VSV is bad or the vacuum line got disconnected.

·
Registered
867 Posts
i ghetto rigged the heater control valve somehow.....i don't really remember but i moved some hoses around and poof....heat again....but it's sometimes works and sometimes doesn't....oh well. I get heat eventually.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
XTC Dynamic Supra said:
i ghetto rigged the heater control valve somehow.....i don't really remember but i moved some hoses around and poof....heat again....but it's sometimes works and sometimes doesn't....oh well. I get heat eventually.
Same here ... except mine always works .. I don't know why yours would work only on occasion becasue you now always have coolan/water in your heater core.

I am almost 100% sure that this is your problem.

It is the hot water valve vacuum solenoid valve (VSV).

All the info I used for a fix that took less than 60 seconds ;) :

See part A for analysis and B for short fix (my permanent fix). See section C if you want to spend some money to fix it.

VSV Solutions

Best regards.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have the VSV unplugged but instead of a metal canister, I have a blakc plastic one. Could I just get a straight piece of pipe for temp fix and run from the backside of head to the heater core hose and not use the vacuum line?

Julian

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
I have extra valves if anyone needs them

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Mike 92LX said:
I have extra valves if anyone needs them
You have extra properly functioning VSVs?
How/why?

Count me in ... first dibs.

·
Registered
707 Posts
i also need the heating diagram or a picture with all the hoses that come into the vsv. looks like the previous owner of my car messed with it or something, can someone post a picture of that area? one hose goes straight across the firewall to the intake side of the engine, another hose goes into the firewall. something is rigged up weird in my supe, there is a T split in the line going to the intake mani side, and it goes down straight towards the turbo somewhere. not really trying to jack the thread, but since tabshire needed the same thing, i thought i might as well try. please help me out. thanks.

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
ndnxtc said:
i also need the heating diagram or a picture with all the hoses that come into the vsv. looks like the previous owner of my car messed with it or something, can someone post a picture of that area? one hose goes straight across the firewall to the intake side of the engine, another hose goes into the firewall. something is rigged up weird in my supe, there is a T split in the line going to the intake mani side, and it goes down straight towards the turbo somewhere. not really trying to jack the thread, but since tabshire needed the same thing, i thought i might as well try. please help me out. thanks.
There are pics in the link that I posted above. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts