Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Supra Dupra
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My heater doesn't like to work. Sometimes it would work, then sometimes it won't. Cold air just comes out. A/C and fan works ok. I've heard of a "heater control valve". Can that be the cause????? Where is that located???? Or perhaps should I change out the climate control unit with all the buttons???:rolleyes:

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
the heater control valve, is on the passenger side of the firewall to the right of the charcoal canister, i belive. it has two 1 inch hoses, going to it, and a small vacume line ontop. bout an inch and a half diameter... thats the best discription i can think of, oh and its right on top of the firewall..

S

·
0 Posts
Just bypass the electronic vacuum valve, it's almost surely dead. They crap out constantly.

Take the vacuum hose that leads to the electronic valve, and stick it directly onto the metal canister nipple. Enjoy the heat!

·
Supra Dupra
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shawndude said:
Just bypass the electronic vacuum valve, it's almost surely dead. They crap out constantly.

Take the vacuum hose that leads to the electronic valve, and stick it directly onto the metal canister nipple. Enjoy the heat!

Ummm, stick it directly onto the metal canister nipple??? Are you refering to the charcoal canister??? or....?:rolleyes:

·
Supra Dupra
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got it....would I still be able to control the heater via the climate controls???? or would the heater be always on now if I turn on the fan????

S

·
0 Posts
The only time the heater valve shuts off, is when you have the temperature set at the lowest level (18C in Canada).

Any other time it's always on, so it will work as normal at any other setting with it bypassed as you did.

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
the metal canister u talking about is it the black one?

S

·
0 Posts
supratkfy said:
the metal canister u talking about is it the black one?
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=142604

Doesn't that kill your A/C though?
The only time the heater valve shuts off, is when you have the temperature set at the lowest level (18C in Canada).
Any other time it's always on, so it will work as normal at any other setting with it bypassed as you did.
The heater core has a air bypass flap, that regulates how hot the air gets, before entering the cabin. The water valve is always open (like when we hook up the vacuum line directly), unless as described above.

·
eighty-7t on SM
444 Posts
my heater and ac dont work at all. i press buttons on my climate control but no air.......nothing. i checked the fuse, replaced it, still nothing. whats going on?

·
Not ur jizz, not ur bizz
6,571 Posts
chrono said:
my heater and ac dont work at all. i press buttons on my climate control but no air.......nothing. i checked the fuse, replaced it, still nothing. whats going on?
Chrono, replace your fan blower motor. its like 30 bucks i think.

it looks like a friggin Gerbals running cage mounted vertically and is inside the cabin, passenger side..under and around where the ECU is at...so take off the glove box and youll see it on your right side.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts