Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm just wondering which kind of clamps and what size would fit on my piping for my intercooler cuzz it keeps poping off...i got an greddy 3-row??

·
THE NOTORIOUS BHP
4,520 Posts
The pi-thon clamps are sweet but they cost a freakin fortune!!
pi-thon.com. I dont even want to amdit how much it costs to do your whole engine with these babies lol

·
Fast Enough, Never Is.
920 Posts
You will want to go with T-Bolt clamps, they are the best. You want to get a size just slightly bigger than your pipe size so the clmaps will fit over the coupling. If you can find a NAPA warehouse the usually have them for the big trucks but they will work. The clamps cost for $2-$6 depending on the size of clamp you need.

·
WI-FI FTW, GTFO fuse box!
8,108 Posts
For t-bolt, the best place to buy is Merles. I only used one and needed only one on my Single car; the compressor outlet.
The rest of my car (even at 722RWHP) uses only quality worm clamps. Why? Well, you install and torque them only once. If they ever need to come off you simply throw them away and replace them with new ones. I found out by a LOT of trial and error that this is the best way:)
If they become twisted at all, throw them away.

·
Registered
318 Posts
+1 on the t-clamps...You can get them cheap from Turbonetics...

Also you can always weld on Flanges and do a V Band :)

Those aren't gonna fall off.

·
Registered
452 Posts
are your pipes bead rolled? usually worm clamps are good enough if your pipes are beaded. Alot of the t-bolt clamps I've used leak, cheap ones especially but even the good ones sometimes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts