Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys heres the problem<well let me give you the whole story. ok nice day today so i pulled my baby outta the garage and took her for a spin. stopped at Chevron filled her up and was on my way.i ran a few errands and as i drove my car began to hessitate at lower RPMs but was fine at higher RPMs so i get on the freeway heading home to put her up to see what the problem was and as in cruising a newr Vette oulles up to me wanting to race. So me wanting to represent for the supra community took his challeng and needless to say i kicked his ass.His fender was at my quater panel, then all of a sudden my baby starts back firing hella loud and and in rapidly. then i loose power not long after. i thought the motor was blown but it wasnt. i did a compression test, all good. Spark test, getting plenty spark, timming belt cool. head gasket cool. so we ran the codes.first of all my car has the after market boostlogic turbo so the check engine light would be on anywat but i removed the bulb. my mechanic put the bulb back in and red the codesand the codes were 24,26,27,28,and 29! now i dont know what the codes woulda been when it was running good so now we have to sift threw everything and find out what the problem is. my mechanic says he thinks its the fuel management, but hes not sure until he checks everything.If any of you guys have any suggestions please post them. oh and i wanna thank my homie Elliott for his support on this situation and Bee too. And also Kou.. thanks guys.

·
Eat. Sleep. Boost.
1,532 Posts
You're running a BL turbo? What spec? and how long have you been running with this turbo? Do you have an upgraded fuel system? Any sort of A/F or engine management?

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sai idk what I have or how long it has been on the car. I know my tuner said I need a upgraded fuel management system. As far as A/F no but the last time it was tuned my tuner used his wideband when he tuned it but thatwas a while ago. The car was running a little rich, nothing major tho! That's really all I know

·
Registered
437 Posts
Jay
let me hook my laptop to your car and see if we can find anything. My phone got wiped out yesterday so I wasn't able to call you, LMK.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
removal of my 2jzge

ok whos tryna assist me in the removal of my motor? elliott is already on board and Kou when he gets time. i have secured a cherry picker and my garage is heated lol so we can work comfotably:bigthumb:

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Ok souNds good thanks E I'll have food drinks and whatever else but most importantly heat in the garage so we can work in comfort. This is and official meat but the official gate pass is tools and work clothes no tools no enter... Lol this isn't a meet just kidding

·
POS mk3
1,186 Posts
lol yea maybe after xmas before new years...i got most tools we need if not ill barrow some of my dads...2 bad you could bring it down to my dads shop we we got plenty of heaters and plenty of space and directv in there...

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sounds great guys I don't have direct TV tho, however I do have AT&T uverse so I'll bring the big dinosaur TV into the garage lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts