Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TRACK CAR
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After looking through some really old posts I ran across one about heel toe help, and in it Andi said he installed a ricer pedal kit and it helped out a lot. (Razo Pedals Magnesium RM34) So I found the same kit on ebay for only $25 and figured that it was worth a shot. So it came in today and I installed JUST the brake pedal. (Trying to add as little rice to my car as possible :)) It really helped out a lot. One of the main problems that I was having trouble with is when I was at threshold braking with the stock pedal arrangement that the brake pedal was a good amount lower than the gas. Since this one goes on top of it it added that extra needed height. Also with these pedals you don't have to drill your brake so you can actually move them around so they are perfect for what you like. It took me about 3 times before I got them adjusted just right. Heel toeing just got a lot easier, so if anyone has an extra $25 plus shipping I would recomend giving it a try.

Mike

·
Supra OG
1,002 Posts
MTR said:
After looking through some really old posts I ran across one about heel toe help, and in it Andi said he installed a ricer pedal kit and it helped out a lot. (Razo Pedals Magnesium RM34) So I found the same kit on ebay for only $25 and figured that it was worth a shot. So it came in today and I installed JUST the brake pedal. (Trying to add as little rice to my car as possible :)) It really helped out a lot. One of the main problems that I was having trouble with is when I was at threshold braking with the stock pedal arrangement that the brake pedal was a good amount lower than the gas. Since this one goes on top of it it added that extra needed height. Also with these pedals you don't have to drill your brake so you can actually move them around so they are perfect for what you like. It took me about 3 times before I got them adjusted just right. Heel toeing just got a lot easier, so if anyone has an extra $25 plus shipping I would recomend giving it a try.

Mike
Yup yup yup... works great, use JUST the brake pedal one... here's a pic from my Supra in One Lap '02...

I now have that same pedal cover on the Vette.....

Andi

·
Very Senior Member
10,053 Posts
Andi said:
Yup yup yup... works great, use JUST the brake pedal one... here's a pic from my Supra in One Lap '02...

I now have that same pedal cover on the Vette.....

Andi
But it looked better in the Supra!!!!!!
:stickpoke

·
Acceleration
3,833 Posts
I was going to buy those... but I realized they weren't drill in they were covers. I take it these fit will? I hate my stocks they slip when my feet are wet. Autozone has them for $9.99 u got ripped off big time :\

BTW Yes those exact ones.

·
OG
1,059 Posts
I drilled and tapped the pedals; I felt that it was safer, and was able to position them just as I wanted. I chose to use all three for uniformity sake, and the one thing that I don't like is that if the floor mat is not just right, the clutch catches the edge on its way out for about 1" of travel, and it feels a bit funniy when it lets go - Mind you, it does not interfere with the function of the clutch, just snags it for a little bit of the travel. Reposition the mat and that's it.

Cheers
Rich B.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I hate those pedal covers because unless you drill and tapp the pedals they always seem to eventually start slipping around after time :(

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
AGlobalThreat said:
I was going to buy those... but I realized they weren't drill in they were covers. I take it these fit will? I hate my stocks they slip when my feet are wet. Autozone has them for $9.99 u got ripped off big time :\

BTW Yes those exact ones.
You sure Autozone carries the same Razo ones? If not, maybe that's why it's $9.99 compared to $25. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts