Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been cruising around with the targa off my car for a couple days now and I noticed a few things. Its damn windy in the backseat, I lost my workout towel and my straps the other day, lol. The most annoying thing is when both windows are up all the way while im cruising at around 45-50mph, it sounds like there's a helicopter flying above me. Does anyone know how to remedy this? BTW, my car didn't come with those little "eyebrows"

·
Registered
881 Posts
that's what they are there for, you can crack the windows down about an inch and the sound should go away

edit: to clarify, the eyebrows are on the car for that purpose exactly, to get rid of the wind noise when the targa is off and the windows are up

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
I don't remember ever hearing that noise from air buffeting in and thru the car at any speed up to 100mph with the roof off, but mine still has the eyebrows over the windshield frame.

·
[H][K][S] whore!
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
guardrail said:
that's what they are there for, you can crack the windows down about an inch and the sound should go away
Gotcha... I guess thats the tradeoff with having them removed. Yeah, I've cracked the drivers window open a little and the noise went away. No real big deal, its just real annoying when it happens.

·
95Turbo
930 Posts
MrJohnTan said:
The most annoying thing is when both windows are up all the way while im cruising at around 45-50mph, it sounds like there's a helicopter flying above me. BTW, my car didn't come with those little "eyebrows"
Mine has that same prob real bad...but not till around 140mph with the top off and windows up :lol: Only done that a couple times.
I had the eyebrows on at the time. Dont have them anymore..and i notice alittle more noise, nothing real annoying tho.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Are you SURE thiers not a helicopter above you?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Does it look like this when you look in your rear view mirror?

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
My car does this too. I should just call into radio stations and tell them I am an independent traffic man with my own chopper, lol. Easy money :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts