Supra Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup people!

So I have been in the process of building my 7MGE Turbo for the past few months now & I am Finally at the Running / Tuning stages.

After the build it started right up! But for some reason Will Not Run with the MAF / AFM Connected.....
What could be causing this!???

I have probed the diagnostic port & checked for codes. I am throwing Codes: 24, 31, and 41
Other than that If I try to start the car with the MAF / AFM Connected it will just stall & Die out.

I do not have an extra MAF / AFM lying around so I have NOT had the chance to test the MAF Sensor its self.
I have Bench Tested it and it seems to check out per the Cygnusx1 Manual. (Section=FI&P=94)
(I would post the link but Admin wont let me post links "Due to Spamming Reasons"...)

I have also Verified that the ISC Valve is Functioning as well as a Freshly Calibrated TPS, per the Cygnusx1 Manual.
ISC Valve: cygnusx1 (Section=FI&P=106)
TPS Calibration:
cygnusx1 (Section=FI&P=101)

Checking in to see if anyone had any input before I go out and buy new MAF / AFM to test.

...With all that being said hopefully its just a bad MAF / AFM.

Any suggestions / Comments or Insights would be Greatly Appreciated on My Quest for Boost!

___

P.S
I am also looking into a SAFC (APEXI) for now & Eventually a Fully Programmable ECU.

Any Advise with these Air Fuel Controllers / ECU's for this build would be greatly appreciated as well!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
& On one last note I am a bit curios about Upgrading my MAF Sensor to the 7MGTE AFM.
The 7MGE MAF Connector has 7 Pins, While the 7MGTE has 5 Pins.
7MGE (FC-E1-E2-VC-E2-VS-THA)
7MGTE (E1-VC-KS-THA-E2)

Is it Possible to convert with MAF / AFM the 7MGE Harness & ECU or would I be better off trying to find a 7MGTE Harness and ECU.
Or is there anyway to fit any other type MAF Sensor to handle the increase of air and decrease my headache? o_O

Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Little About The Build
1989 Supra Mark III
7MGE Engine

7MGE Parts:

• Head, Cams & Block
  • Harness
  • ECU
  • MAF Sensor / AFM
  • Distributor
  • Igniter
7MGTE Parts:
  • Throttle Body
  • Intake Manifold
  • 3000 Intake Pipe
  • Intercooler Piping
  • Intercooler
  • Oil Cooler
  • Exhaust Manifold

Top End:
  • Fully Serviced Cylinder Head (Surfaced / Valves / Cams Etc..)
  • ARP Head Studs
  • FelPro Metal Head Gasket
Bottom End:
  • Block Surfaced
  • Cylinders Bored (.020)
  • Wiseco Forged Pistons (.020 Oversized) (Low compression)
  • Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods
  • ARP Rod Bolts
  • ARP Main Studs (Align Honed Block)
  • Ground Crankshaft Rods & Mains (.010)
  • (Rotating Assembly Balanced)
  • *All New Gaskets & Seals

Other Parts:
  • Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
  • Walbro 255 Fuel Pump
  • 650cc Fuel Injectors
  • New CT26 Turbo (Oil Feed & Return) (Have not Tapped into Coolant yet)
  • Divorced Turbo Down Pipe
  • Stage 3 Clutch
  • EGR Block-Off Plates
  • 3 Row Aluminum Radiator w/ Electric Fans
  • NGK Wires & Plugs 6282 (gap to .30)

Parts Needed:
  • Blow-Off Valve
  • WideBand 02 Sensor
  • Boost Controller
  • SAFC / Programmable ECU (Any Suggestions for a Reasonable Price?)
  • Anything Missing??? Let Me Know!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im sure I left a few things out, but thats the gist.

Thanks!! o_O

1 - 1 of 1 Posts