Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help-

I have a 7mgte. I have made some serious modifications new t4 turbo, stainless all the way back, new electric radiator fan, new external wastegate, new bov. Well here is the issue when in drive I cannot go over 20 mph or 1750 rpm (roughly) this is petal to the metal.(Plums of black smoke would pour out when the petal met the metal.) But when in park or neutral it sounds like a dream!
Someone in this forum board suggested that it was a fuel cut problem. So i then wired in a FCD (fuel cut defender.) No luck. So then I replaced my spark plugs no problem.
I am wondering if its a bad ecu? What else could it be? A transmission speed control issue? I have been so mad recently I have threatened my 7mgte with driving it off of a cliff thelma and louise style.
But honestly I am so pissed off that im getting no where really fast!

David!

·
Sir Digby Chicken Ceasar
519 Posts
Afm, improper timing or tps possibly, check your codes.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Sounds like the famous boost leak.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
sounds like limp home mode to me if it won't go faster than 20mph...

·
Registered
609 Posts
Do you have a catch can? If so do you have a port for vacuum on it? That same exact thing happened to me a while back when I installed my catch can incorrectly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Error Codes Help

I recieve two error codes, one saying that my heater for my o2 sensor doesn't work, I replaced the o2 sensor and the code still lights up aka code 27 Sub-Oxygen Sensor Signal or Sensor Heater and the second says Switch Signal or error code 51.... Still leads me to believe that my ECU is possibly out?

thanks for helping!

·
Registered
287 Posts
pei09 said:
I recieve two error codes, one saying that my heater for my o2 sensor doesn't work, I replaced the o2 sensor and the code still lights up aka code 27 Sub-Oxygen Sensor Signal or Sensor Heater and the second says Switch Signal or error code 51.... Still leads me to believe that my ECU is possibly out?

thanks for helping!

why not use the TSRM to diagnose and resolve those 2 error codes?

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
Sounds like your AFM isn't plugged in... Same thing happened to me after installing my boost controller. I had forgotten to plug the AFM in after putting all that back on.

·
90T
460 Posts
subox sensor is behind the cat, it is not the sensor stuck in the turbo elbow. Only California spec cars have it. It is used to verify the cats are working.

Code 51 is most likely the TPS. Check it out according to the TSRM.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/supra/library/TSRM/fi/FI_028.html

I do not believe either of these two faults is causing your symptoms though. I would check for a boost leak like everyone else advised.

·
Graphic Designer
217 Posts
I had the same problem and it was a combo of one of my intercooler pipes not on all the way and my afm plug was kinda loose and I was dumping shitloads of black smoke.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts