Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
I've become very interested lately with Supras and really cars in general and I am trying to pick up some of the words and what the mean. The one i have a question about is the phrase "power braking." When someone says to "power brake" what does that mean? Also how would you go about "power braking" with an automatic transmission. Any information would be appreciated and thanks for putting up with a new guy who doesn't know much.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Power braking an automatic - left foot on the brake, right foot on the gas. Slowly bring the rev up to about 2500 - 3000 rpm. Rear tires should start spinning at this time. Let go of the brake and gradually floor the gas pedal. This is used to launch an automatic car off the line.

-Rudy
93 VR RX-7 TT (Fast)
93.5 Blk/Blk Supra TT (Faster)

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Slipping is just letting the clutch off slowly. Dumping is letting your foot off the clutch quickly... right off the clutch.

Dropping the clutch at high RPM's results in a tremendous amount of wheelspin. Thus, generally, when you launch to race you should slip the clutch.

Jon

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by Jon:
<STRONG>Slipping is just letting the clutch off slowly. Dumping is letting your foot off the clutch quickly... right off the clutch.

Dropping the clutch at high RPM's results in a tremendous amount of wheelspin. Thus, generally, when you launch to race you should slip the clutch.

Jon</STRONG>
Just to make sure that everything is clear, letting off the clutch slowly isn't slow at all it's just not immediate like when you side step it (clutch drop). If you slip the clutch too much you'll end up buying a new one and will be lucky to get home under your own power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts