Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have looked and searched, need help/ advice to those who have/ done the for mentiond boost control, I have the program data, I just need help wiring/ vacume hoses install, guidence. Any info appreciated. thanx. I have it mounted in my ashtrey, I know where to hook it up electrically, just need help on plumbig the solinoid assy.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx Trent, do you plug the very top outlet (theres 3) I think Im turning japaneze

3,796 Posts
no...that top little hole lets the selenoid reduce the pressure that the wastegate actuator sees, hence holding the wastegate shut, creating more boost :D

edit: when you're tuning theat thing be careful because at first you really have to crank it up to raise the boost but the higher the setting gets, the more sensitive it gets. In other words take your time turning the boost up.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what about setting up the wastegate to a lower pressure, how could we overcome the wastegates spring to get it to release? I am trying to break in my newly rebuilt engine, and i dont want to be boosting around, but the original wastegate spring is set to higher than I want the boost to reach?

Any ideas?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
um disconect the wastegate
so the flapper door is open all the time..

3,796 Posts
Dont put your foot into it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts