Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me and my friend installed my afc 2 yesterday, we have it running pig rich right now to keep it on the safe side, were not getting any knock at all it stays zero all the time, there is suppose to be some knock correct? perhaps we hooked it up to the wrong knock wire there two knock wires, but we herd that eithor or dose the trick. were not sure what a good baseline is to start of with the apexi any suggestions? should i get it dyno tuned? weres a good place in florida? were they will at least point us in the right direction without spending 150 dollars an hour.....??????:(

·
Registered
174 Posts
Sorry man I was waiting to get one when I know how. We hooked one up on my friends civic and to be safe we just had it display without interfering with the engine. Try the people you bought it from or post it on the tech sections.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,250 Posts
sorry i had to go to class earlier, didnt have time,

i dont really know much on this, but it was my understanding you get knock when you run too lean, not rich.

you need to get your car tuned on a dyno, if you didnt want to do that ya shouldnt have gotten an SAFC.

if you want a baseline to go by, you need a baseline of your A/F curve. wait until after your AFC has been installed in the car for a while...wait a bit at first. i tried to tune mine the day after it was put in and the stock computer was still fighting the AFC(it does for a period of time before the AFC takes over.

i went back the next month and it tuned right. before dyno'ing i calcluated 1% of incrementation to be between .2 and .4 on the A/F graph. it came out to roughly that on the dyno as well. but theres too many things that could go wrong if you dont have an 02....and just for the record...with a cat, the results with never be 100% accurate...the catalytic converter skews the results, so dont tune over 13.0

lemme know if that doesnt make sense, my thoughts were scattered

Bob

R

·
0 Posts
Bob is very right when he says that the cat will mess up all readings. The best thing to do, if you can, is get an o2 sensor bung so you can put the o2 sensor before any of the cats. I'm most likely going to do this on the headers I get.

Ryan

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I get knock readings. When I ordered mine a couple of months ago I only got Japanese instructions. So I went to Apexi website and downloaded and printed the english instructions.

I seldom read installation manuals but NOTE: follow instructions AS stated in the manual.

Read the manual entirely before the install.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
APEXI SUCKS MY ASS THERE INSTRUCTIONS WERE WRONG, THEY DIDNT HAVE ANYBODY TO HELP ME AND MY FRIEND, I USED THE WIRERING DIAGRAM OFF OF MKIV.COM AND WE CALLED A COUPLE DIFFERENT PLACES AROUND HERE FOR HELP, LIKE TURBO TOYS ,THATS A GOOD PLACE, GOOD HELP. AND WEVE READ THE MANUAL, NO BRAINER. AND IM NOT SURE WHAT THE POINT IS ABOUT HAVING A CAT OR WHATEVER BUT I DONT HAVE ANY CATS AND I DO HAVE AN O2 SENSOR ITS BEFORE THE CATS SO ITS FINE. BUT THANK YOU FOR TAKING YOUR TIME OUT AND REPLYING

1 - 8 of 8 Posts