Supra Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GLAD to see SF alive again!

anyway I bought the Panasonic CQ-C7430U Plugged in EVERYTHING. All speakers work, the headunit is fine, BUT the stock sub stopped working, its dead. Is there any reason why? Also on the harness coming from the headunit there is a wire called "External AMP" but it had no where to go..so I left it hanging I have no idea what to do with it, I think that is the problem. is there a hidden wire in there somewhere that represent the amp wire? maybe the blue/white from the HU goes on there, but i have no idea where it is... any help appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
what did you connect the sub too? if you don't have an external amp then you need to connect the sub to one of your speakers. also make sure you tape and tie up any wire you don't use. for the wire your talking about, it sounds like its the remote turn on wire. see if your deck can turn that off and if not, make sure you tape it off good and tie it up.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
on the two harnesses i got...it totals to 14 plugs/wires. 4 for the front speakers, 4 for the rear speakers, 1 for ACC, 1 for battery, 1 for ground, 1 for motor antenna. 2 little clips in the cars harnesses are empty, so nothing goes in there.

the wires from the HU harness that are "unwanted" (meaning there is no wire for it to be connected to the cars harness is the "External Amplifier Control Power Lead" and a brown while which says "Not used"

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
so you got a harness for the deck? if you did it might not have wires for the sub because it might not be supra specific. just wire the sub in with one of your speakers.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does that function good? it seems kinda odd. because what if i want to adjust the sub and all...

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
argh this sucks. couldnt there be a wire coming from the dash that is the amp?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
thats not correct you can use the stock sub and the stock amp with a new HU. As long as you have the correct wiring harness for a toyota(they are all the same for toyotas for a specific year. My guess is you dont have the sub function on the head unit turned on. When i went to a different Head unit it worked for me. I just had to make sure it was turned on from the HU.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on my headunit i have one harness for the speakers, battery, ACC, antenna power, I have one wire that doesnt go anywhere which is "External Amp Control Power Lead" I have no idea where that goes... also on the headunit theres 4 RCA wires 2 for the subwoofer output and 2 for AUX...I also found the subwoofer wires in the car's dash two light-green one with a black stripe and the other with a red stripe, i read in the wiring diagram and those are the subwoofer wires. If i could somehow wire them up to the RCA SW-out? or wire them to a speaker? i dont know

1 - 16 of 16 Posts