Supra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
dont listen to them! you need to use a Y block to join the water and oil together with an 0.00028mm jet on the water side into the turbo oil inlet... and also neccessary to add 1 quart of methanol to your coolant.

· 25psi Bliss
1,534 Posts
Installing a loop is the easiest solution to suggest, but with respect to the flow path of the coolant, it's a ridiculous solution. Just install the appropriate plugs.
1) Go to your local auto parts store section where they have those individually packaged hardware such as bolts etc, and locate the oil drain plug for a Honda: thread size is M14X1.5, ~15mm length is ideal. Approximate cost = $2.50. Don't forget to use the included nylon washer.
2) Order a 3/8 BSP socket head plug from McMaster.com. Approximate cost = $4 with shipping. You could possible locate this fitting from your local plumbing supplier.
Total cost less than $10.

· Flying Dutchman Pilot!
2,846 Posts
You really should not plug it as that circuit acts as the the coolant bypass. It often times will delay the thermostat from opening and can cause some pretty noticeable temperature spikes on the factory temp gauge. If you are dead set on plugging the ports, you can enlarge the jiggle valve thing hole on the thermostat, but that's kind of a hokey solution.

· Registered
1,872 Posts
i did it for the lulz.. sorry, though it was obvious i was joking even to op
this is a technical section, where people are looking for SERIOUS answers. not some dumb shit that can fuck up someone's car. there are some people who come on here looking for help and are gullible enough to believe some of the stuff that others tell them...

· Registered
22 Posts
this is a technical section, where people are looking for SERIOUS answers. not some dumb shit that can fuck up someone's car. there are some people who come on here looking for help and are gullible enough to believe some of the stuff that others tell them...
thats why i made sure to include the part about the jet and jet size... someone who actually would understand how to implement what i said would have the common sense to know i was joking.. its not like a newb wrench would read my post and OMG run to the store, get a y block, jet sized to what i said and methanol and be able to rig it all up and cause damage... know what i mean?

anyway, sorry again for the wierd sense of humor i had today.. and for hijacking the thread. If you guys especially the il guys knew who i really am you'd lol harder.
sorry again to OP

By the way, second the above post about completing the circuit still having a positive effect on the coolant system, this is correct, although i HAVE in the past plugged/welded the feed and return points shut and not had any dire consequences. My recommendation is to run a bypass hose like suggested.. that aftermarket piece posted up is nice and its cool to see products like this manufactured for these cars after all these years.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.