Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As you will see i have a broken mounting tab on my ac compressor, my worry is when i get another compressor the same thing is going to happen. I just want to make sure im not missing anything. If someone could take a real good look at their Power steering/ac compressor assembly and compare it to my pics i would greatly appreciate it. If you need more pics of any other angles let me know!!!

the pics:

EDIT: dont laugh at my bungie cord, just be glad i didnt use duct tape! lol

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^ I definitely have both of those pieces

i did just notice that i may be missing a bolt on the inside (closest to block) of the black bracket pictured above

thanks for the pics guys! keep em comin!

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK i think i found what im looking for

im definitely missing this:

can someone confirm this bracket is missing from my first pic

·
Registered
697 Posts
Ahh I see what you're saying now. I should have looked at your pics more carefully. Let me run back down to the garage real quick.

edit*

I think this is the one, but your diagram looks different.

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol well that certainly looks like it too. Ive posted up in the elmhurst section so hopefully curt can straighten this out.

If anyone else has pics please post them up

thanks again for the help guys

·
King of the NA-T's
4,044 Posts
Yep, you are def missing that black pipe. When that piece isn't on there, the power steering pump got pulled forward from the serpentine belt tension and the PS pump movement looks like it broke the mount on the a/c. I'd guess that you don't really need a new a/c compressor, just get that bracket to hold the PS pump.

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, you are def missing that black pipe. When that piece isn't on there, the power steering pump got pulled forward from the serpentine belt tension and the PS pump movement looks like it broke the mount on the a/c. I'd guess that you don't really need a new a/c compressor, just get that bracket to hold the PS pump.
thanks guys, ill see if curt can get that piece separate for me.

Your probably right Dave, I think in that case ill probably see if i can find someone in town that can weld aluminum.

thanks again for the help guys, i really do appreciate the help

-rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts