Supra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the middle of pulling my tranny out...i have the r154 tranny...i need to remove the clutch fork but have no idea how it comes out...does anyone know how it comes out....

thanks

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok figured out the clutch fork but now i have another question...may sound dumb but what way does the engine turn over?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok all is good now...but i have another issue

i got all the bolts out of the tranny except for the upper right when looking at it from the front of the car....any ideas on how to get this bolt out...ive tried everything

·
Grumpy Old Man
4,210 Posts
OR: LOL surprising how far a little common courtesy will take you ;)
(or how quickly a lack of it will get one ignored)

·
Fish tacos
819 Posts
ok all is good now...but i have another issue

i got all the bolts out of the tranny except for the upper right when looking at it from the front of the car....any ideas on how to get this bolt out...ive tried everything
4' of 3/8 dirve extentions and an wobbly with a 12mm (or 14? cant remember). Have fun. Make sure to drop the starter befor you take out the transmission and remove the pressure plate and slide it back. Disconnect the slave cyllander lices so you dont do an oh shit. And thank IJ every post =] He is da man.

(serously, i think he has no job and somehow get ahold of old text and dilberitly posts here to make us feel dumb) 0.o

-Chris.

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
I really need to post a picture of my "SST J2585" wrench for that pesky nut behind the starter. Once you use those 4ft. worth of extensions to buzz the bolt out, you're still gonna have a fun time trying to hold the nut once it starts spinning.

·
Fish tacos
819 Posts
I really need to post a picture of my "SST J2585" wrench for that pesky nut behind the starter. Once you use those 4ft. worth of extensions to buzz the bolt out, you're still gonna have a fun time trying to hold the nut once it starts spinning.
Nut 0.o As fas as i know all the transmissions use a bolt. o.0

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
depends on the year ;)

early had nut and bolt, later had the starter body tapped for the bolt...

·
Oldie but a Goodie
1,465 Posts
depends on the year ;)

early had nut and bolt, later had the starter body tapped for the bolt...
Interesting. If I ever get around to buying another Supra with a 7M, I'll be sure to purchase a later model starter.

·
Registered
496 Posts
haha while doing my conversion to 5spd, i had to drop that r154 like 5 times. i can do it in like 20 minutes now. lol yea i have an 87 and that top starter bolt comes with the nut. it's a bitch. the nut was a 17mm. the best that worked for me was holding the nut with a stubby 17mm wrench and have my friend zap that bolt off.

oh and swivel impact sockets help ALOT! INVEST IN THEM!!!!!!!

bellhousing bolts are 14mm btw

-t3d

·
Banned
1,585 Posts
IJ: ever heard the term... your old... lol dont ask i just get a kick out of talking shit about u being old... realistically... you and your car own me... its the best i can do

1 - 18 of 18 Posts