Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first post, Let me start off by saying hello to all of you...hello. now that we've got the formalities out of the way let's get down to business

I bought an 88 supra turbo knowing it had this problem and i've been working on it with circuit diagrams for a month. a voltmeter will read 12V when connected between the chassis and battery neg terminal. i checked the fuses and none were blown. I can get the chassis down to about 0.3V only when I remove ALL of the following:

interior- stop fuse, dome fuse, power equipment breaker
exterior- haz/horn fuse, EFI fuse, Radio#1 fuse, RTR fusible link, and unplug the alternator

The car WILL run with the chassis at 12V, but i don't like it. my battery gets run down plus my alternator was fried, so i bought a new one but i don't want to put it one until the 12 volt chassis goes away. all the connections look good. i have no idea what the problem is, if anyone can help i will be forever indebted to u.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
it cant be all those things are bad. id suggest start w/ the ecu harness. recheck. if looks ok, hook that other stuff back up one at a time and see what happens.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
...Grounds, make sure they arent all toasty looking where it connects to the chassis. You probably knew that already, but I'm just makin sure. I swear on this, I went through ALL of that, three alternators later, I had to take my car to an electrical specialty shop and pay 80 for him to just tell me I had toasted grounding points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts