Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay, I am about to drive this car off a god damn cliff!! If I had a $1 for everytime I had a idle/hesitation/stalling problem I'd be rich!! My car runs great for about two months and then some stupid problem arises!

Heres the new scenerio: Driving the car Saturday and while boosting I heard the noise of a hose coming loose. The car imediately lost power and if I let of the gas it stalled. I had to drive real slow home careful not to boost at all or I would lose power. I would also stall if I took my foot of the gas. I got it home and looked for loose hoses. None visable. Decided it must be my NGK 3330 plugs since there were somewhat old. I decided to replace my plugs in addition to buying new coil packs. Installed these items and the car was idling terrible. Looked under the hood again and finally found a loose hose where my boost controller hooks up to the engine by the fan/intake area. Hooked it back up and now the car will idle but if I give it gas it stumbles to really low rpms and either comes back up or stalls. I also noticed some black stuff came out of the exhaust..not a lot but a little spray. I took out the plugs and tried a few different gaps but it didnt help. There are NO warning liights on!

Any suggestions? Could and O2 sensor be the problem? I double checked all my connections inside the car as well as under the hood. All seems fine.

I'm on the verge of pulling my hair out over these stupid little problems!!

Jeff M

A

·
0 Posts
Sounds like the #1 most common problem. A leak in your intercooler tubing.

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, the line to kick me in the ass starts to the left!! :) Took the splash guard off and one of the IC pipes had come off!! Figures!!

Thanks guys,

Jeff M .....Damn I feel DUMB!!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Don't feel stupid, it will happen to most of us some time. I've experienced it also and you immediately think your engine or turbo is blown and you've taken the tuning one step too far. It's quite a relief when you then find out it's only a loose hose.

Flavio

1 - 5 of 5 Posts