Supra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I have a 1987 Supra Turbo and one of my brake lines went today. Was wondering if anyone could tell me what the diameters are for the brake & fuel lines...as I'm looking to just replace all at once. Been searching online for a couple hours now...and I can't find anything...so any help would be greatly appreciated.

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
naw remove wheel and replace. and there soft line not pre-bent. ss lines are about 100bux for all 4 and a great upgrade over stock.
+1

· Frozen Lake Driver
1,402 Posts
go to a wrecker and find one, you shouldn't have to drop the subframe or anything liek that to get it out, pull off the wheel of the one that busted and follow it back to the brake master (or ABS module if you have ABS) then replace with the one from the wrecker, you could also go to toyota and get one.
on the other hand i'm kinda wondering how did it break? did it rust through or something i've never heard of those breaking

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yea...rusted. I would rather not pull off a wrecker vehicle. I'm gonna just run SS hard lines...probably bend them myself. I'll just cut out a piece tomorrow and measure the diameter for myself.

· Frozen Lake Driver
1,402 Posts
don't pinch them, i'm not to sure but i think the diameter of the hardline has to be the same throughout the entire line to ensure good braking force so make sure you do it right, maybe get a machinist to do it for you

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's no problem, I've done them before on other cars without pinching, I do know that would be a problem, but thanks for the input. Gotta go trace which exactly is the brake line now...lol. Anyone know off hand which of the 4 lines is for the brake? I'd assume it'd be the outer most or inner most line...

· (◕_◕)
8,453 Posts
Making your own lines is easy, just get the metal tubing, get that little thingamabob so you can make the ends.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.