Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok..i was driving around and opened up the car a few times and all i heard was this loud popping sound...from there the car felt really sluggish so i pulled over...as soon as i pulled over...the car felt like dying out and at times it died out...if i start it...it starts but it idles up and down at really low idle and eventually dies out...there is black smoke coming out of the exhaust system...i drove the car out of the freeway but i had to keep the idle up to keep it from dying out...do you guys think i ruined the car? the car only has 20,000 miles on it and all i have on the car is a intercooler, intake, and a downpipe installed in the car. i hope it's nothing major...i just got the car....sux huh...you help much appreciated...thanks

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks you guys...one if the couplers came of on the intercooler because i have changed it...now it runs fine and there is no smoke....it still idles a little rough but it's idling like how it use to...could it be because of the fuel that it dumped in has to be burned off? is my spark plugs fouled? you think it's my O2 sensor? i ran the car a bit when that happened so maybe i might have flooded my engine...what should i do now?

·
2005 LP640
930 Posts
808mkiv2jzgte said:
hey thanks you guys...one if the couplers came of on the intercooler because i have changed it...now it runs fine and there is no smoke....it still idles a little rough but it's idling like how it use to...could it be because of the fuel that it dumped in has to be burned off? is my spark plugs fouled? you think it's my O2 sensor? i ran the car a bit when that happened so maybe i might have flooded my engine...what should i do now?
1.) Check timing
2.) Check for proper spark (plugs, etc)
3.) Check for codes
4.) With my MK3 the TPS was off a bit, you may wanna check that.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys...ok...got the car running good...daymn...well the plugs was fouled because i guess i drove it a while when the IC pipe came off...changed the spark plugs then the beast was fine...thanks you guys for all your help....oh there was no codes that the car threw....so....phew....thought i blew the engine...but it's a supra huh...lol...what was i thinking...thanks for all yo help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts