Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am stuck taking apart the drivers side lower kick panel / footrest ... it seems i can't get the footrest thing out (auto) There appear to be two plastic circles( screw covers?) where one sets his left foot, but they won't budge, i've tried prying, twisteing, etc. I don't want to break anything, so any help would be appreciated. I am just tring to get at the wiring harnesses and such behind the kickpanel to make sure all the connections are tight cause my door locks only work occasionally, if at all. thanks

·
Super Moderator
46,550 Posts
There are two clips that hold the foot rest down.Part #58198-24010 list 4.17 ea! It is a two peice clip,you have to gently pry the center of the clip out to release the bottom half from the foot rest.Once you remove the center portion,remove the bottom portion of the clip,then the foot rest comes off.

hope this helps.

·
Member Thingy
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
okay. went to go take the footrest apart, but ther don't seem to be any of those standard 2-piece clips, just 2 circles of plastic on the face of the footrest that will not come out no matter if i try to push them, pull them, twist, etc. the kick panel there on the left side of it, which runs all the way back past the drivers seat seems to be attatched to it and will not come out without the footrest, which i can't get off. by the way my car is a 93.5 auto. i'm not sure what to do at this point, i think the clips you are describing are for the kickpanel itself on the left correct? i got that off easy, but i'm stuck at teh footrest. any other help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had the same problem when trying to remove my carpet. There are two things I found that will work. First take a pair of pliers and pull as hard as you can at those "little circles" and move in twisting motion while pulling. If that doesn't work, Stick a flat blade screwdriver inbetween the firewall and footrest. The first option will most likely mare your circle clips on the face of the footrest. The second option may brake the clips that hold the footrest down. Take your pick. Once you get it off you will see that those circles are just really long clips and to put the footrest back in, pull the clips out, place footrest in position and put the clips back in. Installation is so much easier than the removal. Hope this helps.

Brad

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Just for future reference:

All you have to do is

1) pull the bottom of the footrest until the bottom clip is dislodged

2) shift the footrest over until it won't go back in

3) pry / pull on the top of the footrest or bang on the bottom of the footrest until the top pops off

this will not deface / mar the circular tabs and the footrest comes right off. it worked on a 1993.5 toyota supra na automatic

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Yeah this had me stumped too... Get a big ass flat head screw driver, or similar flat tool (Chisel works great) , and use the grips on the top of the foot rest clips as screws, and simply unscrew them.

Once apart you can pull the two pieces back apart so it is ready for simple push on installation.

I just did this last week.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I ripped mine out and destroyed those two little circles. I considered it a disposable foot rest...then ordered a new one lol =)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
yeah, those little circles were begging to be destroyed, mine are all f'ed up lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts