Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i took the car up the street and it was running great, went to turn aroun in a neighbors driveway and it started sputtering and didnt want to run right, like it was loosing power and then getting it back for a sec and then gone again, then it deid in my driveway and wont even turn over, everything comes on all lights,gauges ect. what would make it do this all of a sudden, please help:(

·
i <3 fitness chicks
1,585 Posts
My car did this, and it was because the starter wire came undone. Check if you're getting spark, and also check the battery and/or the alternator. Have you tried pop starting it?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i didnt try popping it , but i will , plus the battery is bran new, it just wont crank at all

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jsut tried push starting it, reved real high and then it would idle and back high again, head lights got real dim and it sputtered around 500 rpms and died again

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Sounds like your alternator might be going out. Charge the battery that you have in there right now and try again. Let us know what happens...

Kruso

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have good alt. should i change them and try that, charged the battery before and it didnt work

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
Ghetto start the car and disconnect the battery....if the car dies its your alternator if it stays alive then its good.

Kruso

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks, ill try it and post again in a couple of hours, later

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
had the same problem this morning, try sanding down the terminals on your battery and connectors, it worked for me, and i too had a new battery just wasnt getting enough power to run off of.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
got it running, replaced the alt. and now the starter is stripped so i will do that in the morning but i push started it and it ran great again, thanks everyone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts