Supra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help changing the accessory belt, I did a search on here and couldnt seem to find anything. Is there a writeup on how to change it, or can anyone tell me how to swap the belt?

·
stock
288 Posts
its a 2 minute job if you have electric fans. if not, you'll have to take apart the fan shroud and pull back on the tensoner?(i forgot the name of it), pull off the new belt and slip on the new one.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I think I used a 3/8th ratchet or even a 3/8th breaker bar to yank the tensioner. There's a sticker on the fan shroud(could be on under the hood) showing the routes of the belt. Not hard at all.

·
Registered
697 Posts
By locking onto belt tensioner pulley's nut and turning clockwise, you'll be forcing the tensioner to move in a clockwise direction with the wrench. From there you just hold the tensioner back in that position and slip off the belt from the tensioner pulley. Now you can slowly release the force you have on the tensioner.

After the belt is off the tensioner, there's enough slack to remove the belt. To put the beltback on, just reverse the process.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts