Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much oil do you guys use? What sparkplugs are best to use and how do I install them without having to go through the headlights.

I am in dire need of help before I bite the bullet tomorow on a Xmas morning!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
100 views and no replies? Anyone? SupraNick? Rajunz?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Going thru the headlights? now thats a new one...use iridium ones, they last 100,000 miles, unless a bitch ass machine shope throws them away, when you told the to keep them....:mad:

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ckanderson said:
Going thru the headlights? now thats a new one...use iridium ones, they last 100,000 miles, unless a bitch ass machine shope throws them away, when you told the to keep them....:mad:
New headlights? No I meant how do I install sparkplugs on the ol' 89T w/o taking out the headlights. I don't want new headlights silly. Can you mix sparkplugs like have platinums, copper, and iridiums at the exact same time? When I bought the MKIII 4 yrs ago the previous owner told me they were mixed along w/ the tires. I hate himmmmmmmm!

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Thats what i mean silly! why would you NEED to take apart the headlights, to change spark plugs........?

ya you COULD mix them, thier would be no problem, just pony up the 7.50 per plug, and get the iridiums...my car ran much smoother with them in, i replaced some no name brand with these ones, so i was goin from shitty to the best....

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry I'm not that mechanically inclined ignore me. Are there any specific brands of oil that I should choose or steer clear from?

Rajuns, is there anyway I can change the color of the wires for the sparkplugs? Will that give me performance like NGK and stuff?

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Why do you keep asking for rayjunz? just wondering....
well the stock mk3 wires are really good, so most people dont replace them, magnacore makes replacements, and i belive MSD does too. the best oil, (big arguement here) is synthetic. i use redline. dont use sytec blends, they are not fully sythetic, so in my mind, a complete waste of money. From what i was told by a BMW master technicion, never use pensoil in our high reving engines. it is ment for low reving american cars. I know this is just one man's opinion, but trust me, this guy KNOWS his stuff. Quaker stake is good, so is mobil 1, that is what BMW's use. (if you can't tell, i used to have one;) ) use which ever kind you want, but i would highly sugest you use synthetic, it doesnt coke on the turbo berrings, and it may cause leaks, but in my mind, if any oil causes sometype of leak, that needs to be fixed, as in, replacing seals.
This is my opinion, so take it for what it's worth...:)

·
Registered
590 Posts
Well youll need about 5 quarts of oil, along with a new filter. What kind is your choice. I assume you know the process. As for the spark plugs. I really enjoy the benefit I recieve from running the copper, iridium, platinum, platinum, iridium, copper spark plug combination. It helps the boost come on like no other. I must be spooling like 500 rpms sooner. And the spark plug wires. Dont go waste $100, just get a nice high temp paint that suits your taste and lay it to what youve already got. It will help coat the plugs and seal in the power for better spark delivery.
Good luck guy.;)

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
lol, Vinze man, I told ya to bring that mk3 by Berts Garage of Hooptie man aka Mk3 Chop Shop, we can take care of them plugs for ya, and do what a couple of the BAS guys did (Da Kine Guy and Javi) spray paint your plug wires to make em a different color and btw, Vince your a bastard :p aight peace :chicken:

·
Premium Member
6,130 Posts
btw, I havn't changed my oil in 8 months, and the guys around here know why too... so I can't help ya on that...

S

·
0 Posts
i use mobil 1 synthetic i ran the shit out of my supra and not one problem as for the spark plugs i dont know why u need to take out your head light but u will have to take off part of your throttle body to get to one or two of the spark plugs, and i used bosch dual prong on mine, and i put about five and a half to six quarts

L

·
0 Posts
for those of you who don't get it...he was kidding about the headlight (god I hope)...kinda like asking for your weight on the moon after being asked a ton of questions...

anyway...NGK makes GREAT wires for our cars, fully OE spec...nice blue color but if you are worried about that then you can sell your car to me and buy an H.

merry christmas.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I hope everyone realized he was just being an ass....

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
haha its funny how you guys try to help

·
A Happy Dad
2,321 Posts
spark plugs are a breeze, oil filter is a pain, get one of those filter wrenches that goes on the end of an extension and have fun

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.