Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could it be one of my turbo failing/died? I have check engine light on and I don't feel my second turbo kicking in. :(
Here's how it happened,
First, I start my car. As soon as I started move engine stalled once. Then on street when my second turbo suppose to kick in, car almost stopped. It almost felt like I down shifted to first gear.
Car runs fine now. But, I have the engine light on and I don't feel my second turbo anymore.
What can I do to check to see if there is a problem? And, how can I reset it?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mervinnn said:
Check your intercooler hoses and and vacuum lines. Also see if you can get the check code read (I think they explain how to read it on www.MKIV.com)
Ditto. I dont think theres anything wrong with your second turbo.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
intercooler hoses and and vacuum lines are okay. I just reset my ECU and the lights gone. But, I still don't feel my second turbo. :( Car runs okay. I didn't try to stall like last night.
Can MKIV for run fine with only one turbo? What should I feel if one really died on me?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hsk73 said:
intercooler hoses and and vacuum lines are okay. I just reset my ECU and the lights gone. But, I still don't feel my second turbo. :( Car runs okay. I didn't try to stall like last night.
Can MKIV for run fine with only one turbo? What should I feel if one really died on me?
I think your second turbo might be gone, take it to a dealer to have it checked. Good luck.:cool:

·
Registered
989 Posts
When your second turbo goes you will hear a siren type noise. I really think it's a vacum hose. Probably the one that's towards the front of the car where the stock blow off valve is, there are two hoses there check the one towards the bottom.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My car's back to normal. I've check through out my engine but no visual problem found. :rolleyes: I guess I'm okay for now.
StSupDog - I have Greddy FMIC and it came with hard pipe set. I've checked all the pipes and hoses. But, they all look fine. :)
I think I've done everything I can.
I'm suppose to go to SP Engineering sometime next week. I'm gonna ask them to check my car for me.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know, this could be a good excuse for me to go BIG TURBO!! :D :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My wife... :D
I already spend like 30+ on my new car. I need to wait at least couple months befor I spend another 10+ for TWIN like yours. :D
And, my cars back to normal?? :rolleyes:

BTW, do you see something wrong with my signiture? It stopped working suddenly...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts