Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To make a long story short. My car was in an accident. It was repaired. Then the clutch went out, the day it was returned to me ( it was damaged in the accident). I had a center force II clutch with a resurfaced stock flywheel, pedal feel was way too light I liked stock better. Now I’ve been searching for the best clutch & flywheel for replacement. Right now my car is N/A, but I plan to go turbo in a year or so. Either swap to a 2jzgte or go NA-T. Also I plan on keeping my 5speed transmission. I’m going to be aiming for 450-500hp. I’m not going to be dragging, mostly street/road course my question is what clutch / flywheel will suit my needs for the future. Any opinions/recommendations/experiences would be greatly appreciated. So far from what I’ve been reading. The choice I’m leaning towards for a clutch is a RPS stage 3 solid or sprung hub. For clutch a RPS lightweight flywheel, Mueller lightweight flywheel, stock flywheel, or something else. I don’t mind noise or pedal pressure. I just need something that’s going to last and hold the hp im gonna have later on. Can’t afford to be changing clutch every 3 months lol, need to the money to save up for going turbo. My cars in the shop right now until i decide what im gonna go with.

·
blur2ed.com
829 Posts
I am getting the RPS 6puck with a Fidanza Flywheel next week. I am going turbo in about 3 months or so. I say, get yourself a stock flywheel for the next year, and then go turbo on an RPS (ill tell you for sure how the RPS is cuz i wouldnt know yet.) Either that or get an RPS now, and a Fidanza flywheel (i can get both for like, $380 if ya need) and hopefully it will last til the turbo. If it doesnt last, then atleast you will be used to the RPS pressure when you go turbo.
Oh, BTW, car looks amazing in that picture.
Keep us posted.

G

·
A lot of people haven't had good luck with the RPS NA Clutch. I do know a lot of guys who like the HPF (Horsepower Freaks) Bronze Disk with a lightened flywheel and RPS Pressure Plate. If you need to hold more power you can do with the ACT Pressure Plate. Both are said to hold up at 600rwhp and with the ACT even more.

Ryan

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
I have the jun flywheel and clutch master stage 5 it works fine for me but i dont launch my car any more, since i have gone through with over 4 clutches in the past years.

·
MyNuttz
874 Posts
I would suggest the HPF clutch with either RPS PP. And from what HPF told me, they only have Unorthodox flywheels for our NA 5spd's and no fidanza or others. If you find other flywheels make sure they are for our cars tranny and then tell me about them.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. Think I'm going to be going with the HPF (Unsprung Disk) bronze, the RPS max series pressure plate, and a new OEM Toyota flywheel should run me around $700 im guessing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts