Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need to get my mk4 supra setup with daytime running lights to pass inspection.....i followed the instructions on the thread where DEEP says to connect a wire from the headlight relay terminal 1 to the black/white wire on the ignition plug. Basically i plugged the wire into the headlight relay box (the brown color lid that says HEAD in the fuse box) and spliced open the blk/wht wire connected to the IGNITER. It does not work when i turn the car on....however i noticed that when i turned on my headlights the rpm will drop to 0 and when i turned off the headlights the rpm goes back to normal at about 1000 which is really weird???

Anyone know what im doing wrong and can help me out PLEASE!!!! :dunno:

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
I'm not aure what they daytime running lights are on mkiv's... I think it's the parking lights.

What i would do is hook up the parking light wire to an ignition source and then take it off after the inspection. I'm also not sure if there are any guidelines about the DRL.

Where in Can are you btw?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im located in Surrey, BC....
I tried hooking it up to a wire on the ignition plug and it didnt work and i dont know what else i can hook it up too...or if im doing it wrong......

·
Us And Them
1,038 Posts
if you want then i can get the wiring instructions for you and find out what wire it actually is.. i just need the year and if it's turbo, ?

If you're stuck after that then i can find it for you, i'm in surrey too.

If you want then ask some owners that have your year what the parking lights are, because i'm not sure if it matters what lights, if it's a mkiii then i belive it's the parking lights, if it's a mkiv then i think it's the headlights.

·
Registered
254 Posts
this is why i didn't do it myself....i went to a shop in new westminster called perform-x auto. they did a very NEAT job with relays and the whole works. I believe everything was 60 or 70 bucks. I remember goin to L and R to get my boost leak fixed and Tommy loving the work that John did. If Tommy likes the electrical work, then trust me, it's good work.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Email me and I'll let you know the procedure once I get to the shop. I've done at least 5 MKIV"s already. DO NOT buy the unit from Canadian TIre - you'll cook your wiring.

[email protected]

·
Registered
961 Posts
89 Black Beauty said:
if you want then i can get the wiring instructions for you and find out what wire it actually is.. i just need the year and if it's turbo, ?

If you're stuck after that then i can find it for you, i'm in surrey too.

If you want then ask some owners that have your year what the parking lights are, because i'm not sure if it matters what lights, if it's a mkiii then i belive it's the parking lights, if it's a mkiv then i think it's the headlights.
On the MKIII it's the foglights

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
on a side note;

anyone know how to disable the DTRL in the canadian spec mkiv's??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts