Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Haltech Elite 2500 with wide-band O2 during their sale - 15% off helps :) The plan is to start installing in the spring, along with the VVTi head I already have and 800cc injectors. Otherwise the 94TT is just BPU, on stock twins and fuel, though I am considering Stu's upgraded twins setup ...

I also have a BTI gauge coming, and that has 2 analog outputs with up to 7 steps for things like boost or traction control. Those outputs feed into 2 analog inputs in the Haltech.

In mapping out the available signals to Haltech inputs/outputs, I have a few decisions to make. The general typical ones are all taken care of (oil temp/press, VVTi solenoid, EGT etc.) Now need to choose which inputs here would be most beneficial for a fairly basic setup. I have 3 inputs available, in any combination of SPI (pwm) or AVI (analog voltage) to map to the following inputs (any others to consider ?)
  • Antilag switch
  • Rolling antilag switch
  • Datalogging switch
  • Lateral G sensor
  • Yaw sensor
  • Fuel pressure
  • Flex-fuel
  • Multi-step Boost selection
  • Multi-step Traction control selection (beyond TRAC OFF button)
The Haltech will handle traction-control, and I've read that a lateral-G/yaw sensor is very handy. Can get a Bosch 0265005254 sensor pretty cheap, and the Syvecs guys have already characterized it. The corresponding 0265005838 part number is a CAN bus device instead of analog, though I don't know if the Haltech can read those CAN messages. The 254 analog one would take 2 of the 3 available inputs.

E85 is tough find around me, not sure how much good the flex-fuel sensor would provide. Plus would need to get it plumbed into the stock fuel lines (not too hard). The stock twins can only go so far.

The Haltech will be controlling the 9V-12V line to the stock fuel ecu. How much use would reading fuel pressure be in general tuning ?

I'm leaning towards the lateral-G/yaw sensor and multi-step boost selection.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately no, at least not around here. Ever since I pulled the trigger on the Elite, I've been looking for those yellow-white-blue nozzles at the gas stations. No luck yet.

Then again, how much would E85 gain for a stock-twins setup ? Definitely some, but not as much as a single I think.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts