Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

Sadly, I am considering selling my Supra...but not for the normal reasons (money, buy a house, have a kid...). Anyway, I don't really want to get into that on this thread, but would appreciate your help in helping me to determine the value of my car.

Obviously, any Supra is only worth what someone will pay for it, but mine isn't exactly typical. More a race car than a street car (obviously not attractive to many for that reason), it's also exceptionally rare...being one of only 18 hardtops supposedly sold in the USA. I am the second owner, have the original window sticker and all receipts, blah blah blah.

Anyway, please review my mods here:

http://www.suprahardtopregistry.com/1995/theodore,steve/stevetheodore.htm

and let me know what you think. I appreciate everyones help, and this isn't something I take lightly, particularly due to my love for hardtop Supras and the many friendships created on this board and other places. In short, I just don't feel it's the right car for me anymore, but we can get into that more later. Thanks guys.

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the vote of confidence man, but I wouldn't assume the car is worth that much. Although very rare and equipped with a single turbo and nice accessory mods, it's certainly not a show winning car and would require at least half a fuel system and a bigger clutch if someone wanted to put down SICK power with it (this has never been my goal!).

Anyway, I do appreciate the input. If anyone wants to pay me $45k, it's yours right now! :D

Anyone else?

Steve T.

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
57k on the chassis...but you're right that it's not really pivotal towards knowing my particular car. It's not the original motor, but rumored to have slightly lower mileage than the actual motor (I cannot prove this). Compression is no issue though (I've tested multiple times...always got 170-180 across all cylinders). :)

Steve T.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
Knowing how much you care about your supra, i dont think you should sell yourself short. yes it may be more 'race' than 'street' to some, but every modification has been done with care and reliability to the car kept in mind. honestly i dont think you should settle for less than 40. hopefully if you do sell it, it goes to someone who appreciates the car for what it is...and holds value in the modifications that you have performed and the fact that it is 1 of 18. good luck

Mark

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Good luck Steve in which ever direction you take with this! I hope nothing but the best of success for you and your car if you decide to sell! Hopefully your potential next car will just as much fun and then some for you! :)

Good luck bud,
CraigK

·
D-Bag
560 Posts
I would say $32-35k. Everyone on this board knows how much you care for your Supra. Anyone who buys this will be getting an exceptional car. Although the "race" mods may not be for everyone, you will fidn the right buyer. Don't sell yourself short. If your not looking to unload in a hurry just wait until you get the right price.

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the continued feedback. The latest price listed is more what was in my own head...but we all tend to overvalue our cars when it's time to sell. That is why I was looking for unbiased feedback before setting any price.

I do think it could take a LONG time to sell a car as quirky/rare/special as mine though...if I want top dollar anyway. Fortunately, there is no rush. :)

Steve T.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,400 Posts
see, the reason i think its worth more than that is because A: the single, B: and more importantly the hard top. while your standard ebay crowd is not going to ooh and ahh, someone LOOKING for a hard top, is going to want your year if possible...especially one already with weight reduction and a single...

a low mileage 95 in pristine condition will fetch upper twenties if not dip into the 30's. i may have been a bit biased in favor of your car at 40 :) but i still think its a 37+ car. :)

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, there is a local buyer I know of that is interested (a friend of mine, actually). When we discussed it he mentioned that he'd be willing to pay "fair market value" for the car, but since neither one of us knows what it actually is...I thought a post of this nature might be helpful.

Thanks for the continued feedback all. :)

Steve T.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
I would say high 30s to low 40s.......I think a lot of people wouldn't care it wasn't much of a street car like you said but a lot of people unless htey are hardtop lovers like yourself would rather have a targa for summer cruising :) However with the extensive work done on it, it is worth a nice chunk of dinero ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Well Steve, good luck finding an unbiased price for your car.... I think we all know how much effort and time you've dedicated to your car and making it the best all around functional car it could be( lightweight, quick spoolup, handling, and style)

·
Registered
174 Posts
As a fellow HARDTOPPER, I suggest you detail it and work out any minor problems. Get top dollar, you have taken care of that baby from day one and I am sure it has recieved all the service humanly possible by you. Good Luck.

·
The new #1 Hardtopper
1,572 Posts
BOGOTA said:
As a fellow HARDTOPPER, I suggest you detail it and work out any minor problems.
If he did that he probrobly wouldnt want to sell it!

What the hell is the deal? First Nate,now you. Whos next? Steve Smith,Stu?
Why are you guys abandoning ship?
Oh well good luck Steve in whatever your doing.In fact you should email me your plans.

Brian

·
Administrator
17,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You guys should note that the car is NOT actually for sale right now. I'm fishing for opinions on value, and going over my options. No one should read into this too much, as I've always been a CAR GUY (I've just happened to own Supra since 1999 now). :)

Steve T.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
The HT President is selling his Supra ? :mad:

What r u going to get when u sell the Supra? :(

Please don't say Miata :D

1 - 20 of 47 Posts