Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm trying to remove the driveshaft but it won't come out its stuck . i removed the 4 bolts from the tranny to the driveshaft , 2 bolts in the middle and 3 bolts from the diff to driveshaft .

·
Registered
421 Posts
i'm trying to remove the driveshaft but it won't come out its stuck . i removed the 4 bolts from the tranny to the driveshaft , 2 bolts in the middle and 3 bolts from the diff to driveshaft .
The front section of the driveshaft should have some play at the gear teeth where it mates to the rear section. sometimes there will be a little rust build up on the teeth depending on how much grease was used when installing. The connector flange to the yoke sometimes tends to stick and you might need to bang it with a rubber hammer to losen both flanges after taking out the bolts. a little banging at the mid section might losen it up as well so you can slide it out.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i have this weird noise when i drive the car. it sounds like ticking sound and it becomes loud when i pick up more speed . if the car is parked it makes no ticking sound when i rev the engine or let it idle . i'm guessing it some drivetrain problem . i hope its not the engine .

·
Registered
701 Posts
Sounds like a possible wheel bearing failure to me. I'd jack up the car off the ground and see if any of the wheels have any play when you try and move them in and out.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well the sound is coming from the middle front of the vehicle , but i will check the wheels to see if they have some play .

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have the same issue, either drive shaft or wheel bearing. The clicking is only at low speed though. I also had fun pulling the shaft off the yoke :)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the sound is coming from the front so i don't think it a axle . also i'm going to have the transmission re-built . its leaking transmission fluid from the front and the rear and also the pan .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts