Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My lower intercooler pipe blew off today, and by the time I could pull over, it had a hole rubbed into it from the ac compressor. Any ideas on how to fix this little sucker? Its about 1.5 inches long and ~1/4'' wide. Thanx.

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Looks like plastic. You might look around for a shop that does plastics, they should be able to weld it. You could try epoxy if you'd rather do it yourself, at least that's what I'd use.

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mobes said:
Looks like plastic. You might look around for a shop that does plastics, they should be able to weld it. You could try epoxy if you'd rather do it yourself, at least that's what I'd use.
The thing w/ filling it: I need something that is still somewhat pliable because those pipes blow up like a balloon. I was gonna put something in it to seal it, then a thin strip of aluminum over it, then either elec tape or coupler it.

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Is it plastic or rubber? I'd think only the rubber ones balloon.

If it's rubber, you could try some silicone tape. Clean it up really good with a solvent, then wrap several layers over it and hope for the best. You can get it at Wal-Mart in the tape section.

·
Registered
427 Posts
adversary said:
JB weld. I used that on my wastegate and it STILL works after 4 years of use.

·
67mm of pleasure
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Im gonna use some fiberglass material w/ some por-15...that will get harder than if I just 'glassed it regularly. Im paranoid about fixing it w/ something that could eventually snap off and fly into the motor. Ill let you know how it takes to the plastic.

·
Banned
3,588 Posts
1EVIL-JZX90 said:
JB weld. I used that on my wastegate and it STILL works after 4 years of use.

yup! jb weld FTMFW!

i used jb cold weld on my radiator cause the petcock broke so i shoved a shit load of cold weld up there, its been holding up to the pressure for almost a year now!

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
take the pipe down to an exhaust shop and have them copy it.

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
just JB weld that shit or get that plastic epoxy weld. Trust me it will not come apart again.
those dont balloon. the plastic is hella thick on that piece

·
Registered
5,110 Posts
I vote JB Weld. I have a buddy who laid his ducati down, cracked the crankcase cover and just JB Welded it back together. He put many thousands of miles on a JB Welded Ducati crankcase with no issues whatsoever.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
I have one of these pipes if you need one. It looks like you were missing the brackets that would normally hold it up if it blew off.

JB weld will work, you just have to build it up.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts