Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im in the middle of removing my egr system.... but i cant get the big bar that goes in out intake out of there. ive pulled sooooooooooooo hard and it wont budge at all. i threaded a wire through it to pull, but every time i try to pull it out my loop of wire gets undone no mattter how crazy of a knot i try to make.

for those who have done this mod: was the pipe really that hard to pull out, or am i doing osmething wrong? (and yes i did take out the screw that holds it in place)

thanks

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
that can depend on if there is rust in the end of the pipe.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i ended up just leaving the pipe in there for now, thanks for the help though

mabye at some later point ill take it out and try to get the pipe out. but i just wanted to get the egr project done. i finished and everything runs well :)

·
Hardtopper
13,043 Posts
I forgot how I got mine out, I remember it was a pain in the ass and when I finally got it out I was like oh.... why didnt I think of that. Good luck man

·
Registered
730 Posts
i used a small metal bar (you can probably use a large bolt) and a hammer and banged it out from the inside. Once it bends enough it will just fall out.

Once you get it out use some expansion plugs to close up the holes and youre done =)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts