Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Monday I should finally get my mkIII, 89 auto N/A. and its been sitting for a few months so I need some tips on just general tuneup things I should do and potential probelms that could happen. I already know when we cranked the car alot of white smoke shot out. I've got down full fluid change, oil, tranny, all that. new plugs and wires, checking belts. Dumping in some restore and some seafoam to help clean it, and some 93 octane gas to try and clean out the injectors alittle and give it alittle kick. If theres anything else i can do to get it back in good running shape please let me know.

·
The Great Kruso
3,876 Posts
You told us what you did, forgot to tell us why the car was sitting for a few months? wuts wrong with it?

Kruso

·
VIVA LA M.A.S.H. Midwest
1,451 Posts
Sell it and buy a turbo!
BWUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA.
Just kidding.
Flush and replace:
ALL BELTS AND HOSES
ALL FLUIDS
PLUGS
WIRES
FUEL FILTER
OIL FILTER
OIL
REGREASE BEARINGS AND MOVING JOINTS
DIST. ROTOR

That should get you on the road.... you would be a wise person also if you looked at the timing belt and made sure it was A-ok.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
close... haha I'm 15 minutes from g-boro. I want to go turbo, would love to get a gte swap, but i doubt right now I got the funds, hell I'm lucky to be getting the car for 500 bucks.

cars been sitting because its been caught up in an estate. the owner titled it in her mothers name to keep it from getting taken in a divorce. Well, her mother died, so I've been waiting and waiting for the will to be settled and everything worked out. and it finally has. I still have to wait for the title, but im getting the car tomorrow.
The gas peddle has to be loose cause i push it in about half way and the car goes no where then i hit the hard ass friction zone and it almost lurches on me. Supposedly something on the tranny was sealed up and it shouldnt have been... go figure that out, lol... Oh, and when the cars off, theres still smoke tapering out the exhaust for a minute or so. I already go a new jdm spec exhaust waiting to go on though. and theres moisture around the engine where the water pump and it's hoses. And the small ant problem. Anyway tomorrow once i get most the shit taken care of I'll reply with whats still going wrong with it.

thanks for your help guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts