Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· b00st junkie
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a Pioneer head unit to replace the old stock head unit in the IV. I've got a Crutchfield harness which I have spliced into the harness that came with the head unit. No problems there. However, there are two plugs that come off of the Crutchfield harness, but there is only one plug that goes into the back of the stock head unit. On top of that, none of the plugs even remotely resemble each other. Please, it sucks driving around with no radio. Can somebody help me get my console back together with some tunes going? Thanks in advance

· b00st junkie
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
none of you guys have ever installed your own head units huh? can't somebody help me out?

· b00st junkie
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks a bunch. I'm planning on just keeping the stock amp in for now and just going to upgrade peice by peice. Not trying to win any shows :). So, I guess that I will need to lengthen the wires of the two plugs on the harness so that they can reach from the head unit to the amp, huh?

· b00st junkie
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. Wish I had gotten the opportunity to check this again before I tackled the problem again, might have made my day go a little smoother.
After taking off the seat, it came to mine and my friend's understanding that the two plugs in the amp weren't going to help us either :). Got to drive up to Crutchfield to talk to the install coordinator while my car was all in peices; what an experience.
Turns out that there are 2 plugs on the passenger side of the transmission tunnel behind where the stock head unit went. Pull those two plugs out, plug in Crutchfield harness = easy install and everything works. Plus, I took out the old amp, a little weight loss never hurt anybody.
Now my only complaints are that I have no sub and the antenna stays up as long as the unit is on, regardless of CD or antenna. Any of you guys know how to remedy this, so that I can have the antenna up only when the radio is on?
Thanks again for all the help. Was a straightforward and easy install once I found the right hole to put it in :D

· b00st junkie
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Park: I've got the DEH-P7400MP. I've already bought replacements for the rear 6.5" speakers, just need to find some time for the install and bring myself to tear apart my interior again. Anybody have any recommendations for a fairly inexpensive replacement for my blown door speakers (preferably 4" as I'm not sure I want to do the 6.5" mod)?

Roadie: the lack of sub isn't too bad and I suppose I'll just have to cope with the antenna :). Prolly shouldn't be listening to the radio at high speeds anyways, huh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.