Supra Forums banner

HELP: Hesitation at throttle tip in

619 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  MtFujiSupra 
#1 ·
Hey guys. The supra has been down all winter and the majority of spring as I have been too busy with school to really tinker with it. While the car was down I fixed all my boost leaks. In doing so I found that the car was running lean from 2k-3k rpm. I never had this issue before so I do not know how fixing the boost leaks could cause this.

After doing some searching I found this is a common issue with the B chip in the vpc. Most people run the D chip to resolve the issue. I purchased the D chip and installed it. I drove it for a few min to make sure the lean condition was resolved and indeed it was. The car then sat for a month or so.

I started driving the car again since summer has begun and I found a problem. The car drives awesome, but when I shut it down for the first time the issue arises. When I restart the car there is a slight hesitation when giving throttle from a dead stop. The issue does not occur while the vehicle is moving, only from a dead stop. After about 10-15min of driving the hesitation goes away. It will only return sometimes after the car is shut off then restarted. Any insight would be appreciated.

carlo

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.