Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my rear wheel bearing and I've got everything disconected except the abs sensor. I can't seem to get it out of the hub. The bolt for the bracket came out fine, it just won't come free. It's REALLY pissing me off! I tapped on it with a hammer and found out the hard way that it's made of plastic, meaning I broke half the goddamn mounting plate!.:anger:

Someone please help this is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Usually they are so stuck, we end up disconnecting them inside the car. If you have cracked it, you will probably have to replace it.

Lar
SP

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just cracked the bracket, the sensor inside the hub seems to be OK. The abs light will come on if the sensor is faulty, right?

·
Registered
200 Posts
When I replaced my bearing, I got so damn pissed off at it from trying to get it out, I just took a screwdriver and hammer to it. Worked great. Oh yeah, I did take it out in a few pieces. I never though of just unplugging it from inside like Larry mentioned till I had to buy a new one and find the plug. You can access the plug from inside by lifting up the panel on the inside a bit. Pretty easy to do. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts