Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm changing my rear wheel bearing and I've got everything disconected except the abs sensor. I can't seem to get it out of the hub. The bolt for the bracket came out fine, it just won't come free. It's REALLY pissing me off! I tapped on it with a hammer and found out the hard way that it's made of plastic, meaning I broke half the goddamn mounting plate!.:anger:

Someone please help this is driving me crazy!

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you still can't get it out, follow the wire up through the floor board and disconnect it at the harness. The plug should be underneath the rear seat. And then just slide the plug through the hole in the floor board.

·
Premium Member
11,273 Posts
Usually they are so stuck, we end up disconnecting them inside the car. If you have cracked it, you will probably have to replace it.

Lar
SP

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just cracked the bracket, the sensor inside the hub seems to be OK. The abs light will come on if the sensor is faulty, right?

·
Registered
200 Posts
When I replaced my bearing, I got so damn pissed off at it from trying to get it out, I just took a screwdriver and hammer to it. Worked great. Oh yeah, I did take it out in a few pieces. I never though of just unplugging it from inside like Larry mentioned till I had to buy a new one and find the plug. You can access the plug from inside by lifting up the panel on the inside a bit. Pretty easy to do. Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts