Supra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well heres the deal i went to a parking lot and felt like doing something dumb,i never ever beat on my cars but for this one time i tried to do a donut and i kept it in first, not i dont know how high of an rpm i went to , i also cant remember if i heard the rev limiter which would tell me i probally didnt, but if i did would this break my car if it hit once, i am really worried nutings wrong with it but tommorow i am driving to import wars which is kinda far from me and i don't want it to break now, would it have already broken if it was gona cause of that, please i just get stupid worried about dumb things i do, also its a n/a, with 130,000 but its running the same as before, ???????

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
There actually is an Import Wars? I thought F&F just made that up!? W/e the case, if you hit the rev limit once or twice or 10 times it won't destroy your car. Start it up, if it isn't making any unusual noises, or you don't hear metal scraping or knocking or anythign then you're fine. Check for leaking if you're worried while the car runs, but you're most likely just worried too much. :)
eric

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol yea i don't beat on it ever like i said i just get parinoid, actually yea there is an import wars lol, its pretty decent actually, but yea i am not even sure if i went even over 5000, the rev limit thing is coming from my gf which she probally just heard me off and on the pedal, lol

·
Digital Dreamer
898 Posts
I was doing burnouts one time and I was just freerevving intil I felt like it and must have gone into the 5's maybe 6's. I only stopped when my rad hose exploded and I began overheating. I had to get home before the car was undriveable :p
eric

·
I'll nevAr go single!
994 Posts
On my '88 NA I got it to about 7300+Rpm in first gear, thought I was in second, heard the motor like I never had before, and saw the rpm and that i was in first, car ran strong for months later.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
I've taken my NA over redline MANY TIMES, Ran strong till the tranny died. God I love the 7M sometimes...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
great and like i said who knows if i even went past that i stopped pretty quick doing what i was doing and i was on and off the gas

·
Gripless EGO
81 Posts
a lil off topic lol but im up here in framingham mass and im goin to import wars too ill probably see u up there, i was hoping to see sum supe's up there . mines not registered yet so i wont be bringing it and my clutch saftey switch isnt hooked up so fuck lol.

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
try over reving from downshifting too low...

oops, still runs fine though....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
umm yea.. actually when your freeway racing and downshift from 5th to 2nd... yeaaaa.. it was an accident.. but i had to replace a few burst hoses.. but thats it! the motor is still strong!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts