Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These cams were removed from a 2JZ-GTE car that switched over to the new GSC cams... The owner of the car was not sure which cams these were other than thinking they were BC (no clue on duration)... I will be posting them for sale but do not have any idea what they are as of yet...

Can you guys help identify these cams?

The intake cam is stamped 2JZ-I and has a dark green stripe and a light brown/orangish stripe.

The exhaust cam is stamped 2JZ-E and has a dark brown stripe and a light brown/orangish stripe.

Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Super Moderator
10,138 Posts
Are there any markings on the ends of the cams? That's where HKS and many other makers indicated duration values, etc.
I can safely say they are not HKS, Blitz, or Tomei.

They look like Kelfords from the blank.

The 2JZ-I and 2JZ-E appear to be casting marks for the cam blanks themselves and not indicators of actual specifications.

Only a few places make 2JZ cam blanks, many camshaft offerings by other companies simply utilize one of those cam blanks and grind them to their house specifications.

Kelford is one of those few that make blanks, so that narrows it down a smidge but it's hardly conclusive.

Edit - I think the Titan and the early GSC cams were made on Kelford blanks. I don't know what GSC currently uses for 2JZ.

·
Toyota Lover
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked and did not see any markings on the end of the cams... I will double check again tonight when I get home for any other markings in more detail...

I know the new GSC's are billet but not sure who they get the cores from...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts