Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this exhaust secondhand years ago sold as an HKS JASMA (note: I understand JASMA is a certification and not a model of exhaust) and can't figure out what it is. I've only ever seen this one so I can't say for certain if it's even supposed to be on the Mk3. I had to reposition one hanger a few inches at the back, previous owner said it had come off of a JZA70 so that could be the reason. I think it might be a Legamax or Legal based on one or two text descriptions on forums from years ago. Also, looks like the N1 tip according to HKS literature. No identifiers on the exhaust other than the JASMA cert plate with the mfr number.

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
That's an HKS Sport exhaust for an MZ20 Soarer, which is why you had to move the hanger at the back. Discontinued a LONG time ago, late 90's early 2000's or so. It predated the 'Legal' and 'Legamax' and all that stuff by over a decade.

Very, very cool OG find!

Reactions: Mark 2JZ

·
Super Moderator
10,477 Posts
That exhaust was the first ever aftermarket exhaust I had on Blackie, circa late 1994. Wish i still had it!.

Ken.

Reactions: Wreckless

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Neat to see that second resonator, always wondered why there was a second notch in the subframe for exhaust piping, as I'd never seen a Mk3 make use of it. I forgot about the Z20 Soarer sharing the chassis...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

I love this old exhaust so much I'm restoring it piece by piece. Elbows got scraped up really well thanks to my coilovers and all of the perforated tubing in the resonators/muffler has rotted away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts