Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I have installed all the new seals, BCsprings, retainers, locks and buckets,
with T-belt off, put crank at -10 btdc so all pistons are slightly down, install new BC 272 cams, install cam gears, torque cams as per manual. Then turn CAMS clockwise to tdc notches, and than turn CRANK to tdc notche after cams?. Install t-belt? Rotate manually by hand 4-5 revolutions?

Do I have CRANK and CAMS in wrong order?

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,208 Posts
You got it. Make sure when you install the cams you have exhaust side dowel pin at 11 o clock and intake dowel pin at 3 o clock. Tighten caps 3 and 7 all the way down, alternating between the two while doing it, then install all the other caps and torque to 14 ft lbs.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Patrick! I'm assuming the offset dowel pins are so that the exhaust valves don't touch intake valves??

·
Mind if I do a J?
3,208 Posts
I believe it is so when you are tightening down caps 3 and 7, the lobes are facing down onto the bucket thus evenly distributing the load on the cam.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Depends on lift, but in general with 272 cams, no valve-valve contact. I have Kelford T202-C cams, 268/272 Degrees with 9.60mm/9.65mm lift, no valve-valve contact possible. (These are the older ones, current is 264/272 with 9.65/9.65).

That lift does make it an interference engine though, be aware. We think. There's lots of values for lift that declare interference/non-interference. I chose to treat it as interference when I put them in, just in case.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts