Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious on the best way to install the 2nd turbo without pulling the entire turbo assembly. Do I have to go in from the top and bottom? What pieces do i have to remove in order to get to it (i know i have to remove practically everything to get to the heat shield, but what do i have to remove from the bottom side)? Where should i actually separate the turbo from the assembly? Do you all recommend replacing the water and oil feed/return lines since i'm installing a new turbo? Any hints/tips that you could give me that could save me some time would be GREATLY appreciated. My car has been limping for WAAAAAAY too long now and i'm ready to get back in the saddle.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I didn't get back with you when you called this past wkend. I wasn't in. There is a oil return line on the bottom that you will need to unbold. There are some bolts also on the back of the turbo that you will need to unbolt. There is a snap ring that holds the turbo into the housing that you will need to take off. And then you will pull the turbo cartridge out the housing.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Rico... any other pointers anyone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts