Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently wingless and plan on either getting a stock or RMM spoiler very soon. I was wondering if anyone had any tips for installing a spoiler on a stock deck lid, without any previous holes from a stock spoiler. I have been told there are pilot holes on the underside to mark the spots, but i haven't checked yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
346 Posts
Dude, I bought my OEM wing about six months ago, and I still haven't put it on. I did check for pilot holes but I did not see anything. I was sent instructions, but still I don't trust myself or anyone to install it. Maybe we can both sit here and wine about it until someone answeres our questions. LOL!:D

D

·
0 Posts
Call Jeff Watson and see if you can get him to send you a template from a TRD wing. TRD and stock both use the same holes...

·
Registered
346 Posts
Dev said:
Call Jeff Watson and see if you can get him to send you a template from a TRD wing. TRD and stock both use the same holes...
You wouldn't happen to have one? J/K I'll call him. Thanks! :)

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Question?

I believe i'm right on this, but don't the TRD/RMM/and Stock wing all have the same template/pattern. I know someone who has a RMM wing, and it bolted right up.

Anyways, i'm kinda new here, how exactly would a template help? what would i do with one and what is it?

If nothing else, i'm just gonna go to a body shop and pay for it, i'm sure they can do it correctly, plus i've read that just using a simple drill is not what you need, that a more specialized tool is preferably needed. Not too sure though

D

·
0 Posts
elejes, sorry I don't have one. :) Give Jeff a call. If it's small enough he might be able to just fax it to you.

Caughron, usually the template is just a piece of paper that you lay over your body work. It has alignments points that indicate where and how it should be lined up. Once lined up the template shows you where to drill. I've always used a regular drill when doing similar stuff, but if you aren't comfortable doing this kind of thing take it to a shop.

Find out if the shop has a template too though, as most won't. If they are going to just eyeball it you're better off doing it yourself...

·
Black is Faster!
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see, wow a template would be nice.

Elejes-
Are you going to call this guy? If so, and you find out something, be sure to let me know as well, or just report it here.

Appreciate the help

·
Registered
346 Posts
What drill bit size should I use? How many holes to drill on each side? What about those pins, do holes need to be provided for them? (I'll call Jeff today);)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Caughron said:
I see, wow a template would be nice.

Elejes-
Are you going to call this guy? If so, and you find out something, be sure to let me know as well, or just report it here.

Appreciate the help
Called Jeff, NO tamplate...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts